VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Increased ride capacity?

The Master

Well sad to say so far I have not seen any of GAdv's remaining rides running at increased capacity as the park promised. Like this past Monday the parachute tower had a 30 + min wait but they only had one set of parachutes runing. And last Sunday they was only one train running for KK which was the first time I have ever seen KK only running one train. But it is still somewhat early in the season so hopefully GAdv can pick up the slack before the busy summer season. If any of you have seen any rides running at increased capacity please let me know. B)

The park could be trying to hold off on maximum staffing for the increased capacity until the summer season really kicks in to gear. At least that is the hope on my part. Since I only have gotten out there once (opening day) I really can't give too much thought to this.

I have been there 3 times now. I don't know if this is true or not but a while back on another forum someone claiming to be a GAdv employee claimed that the park always calls in all of it's employees to the park every operating day? :unsure:

Are they making strangers ride together like years ago on the flume? So far I have only seen 1 to 2 trains running on the coasters and only one set of parachutes running and they still load only a few of the cars on the big wheel but I guess they did up the capacity for the flume (which was not running on Monday). Increasing the Flume's capacity is good news which means the other rides I have seen running at lower capacity should catch up. We probably won't see all the rides have their capacity increased all at once but hopefully it should happen.

Edited by The Master

With the crowds in the park so far, full capacity hasn't been needed or been cost effective. It's really only once the park goes full time and gets really busy that they'll really need everything running at full capacity. But, the things that are running are doing it efficiently most of the time.

It sounds like most people who have been going to the park so far have had relatively decent times getting on the rides of their choice and all so I would say the park has done decent to this point. I have faith that the park will be able to keep capacity up for the summer season. The big thing this year will be crowd control during Fright Fest with less standard attractions present especially considering rides like Houdini were absolutely jammed last year.

I just hope they increase the parachute's capacity, as I said it had a 40 min wait but was only running two parachutes (one set out of four), they really should have opened up another set with that long of a line. But hopefully that was a one time fluke.

Edited by The Master

Unfortunately, that's one of those ride that really requires more people to up capacity (1 op for each pair of chutes), where as coasters, flumes and flats can all increase capacity just by grouping guests, and fully loading ride vehicles as well as shortening dispatch times using the same size crew whether the ride is full or not. In the spring and fall when staffing is light, the more staff intensive rides suffer.

I can say that the lockers have increased load times from what I saw already, but that affect may not be as obvious during the busy summer months as lines end up really beginning to gather. I am believing that things will be working well all through the summer and in reality we won't be abel to tell much in terms of capacity until everything is in full swing.