VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

12/10/16- Below Freezing and riding coasters!

Mr.Six

JUST TO MAKE THINGS CLEAR, I MEAN 12/10/16, Thanks.... 27 Degrees as a low. 160 feet as a high on Roller Coasters! We got to the park a little after 6 for Holiday in The Park. What makes this trip different is that I went with my parents and siblings. That made the trip more fun! After going twice last year, I was ready for some thrills in the cold. We started by looking at the tree for the 2nd time this season, but the first time lit (Saw them putting it up 11/11/16). Then we made our way through Joy to The World, we did not get to see Trouble in Toyland. Then we went to The Dark Knight and that proved the park was empty. They're were 8 people watching the pre show. After Dark Knight, I went to Batman back row, no wait. Then I went to Joker, no wait, who knew! Then we walked through Merry Market Place and got some food at Nathan's. Next up was Green Lantern, the highest I was tonight since Nitro was closed. It was actually okay, my feet felt fine! Everything but my ears were okay actually, ow! Now it was time for a little walk to Fender Benders. Not my first choice but it did have the longest wait of the night clocking in at 15 minutes. Next up we did Skull Mountain. Cool seeing some of the lights from the inside. I wanted to end the trip with a bang. I think the Sky Ride is a bang! The Skyride was amazing at night seeing all the lights. It was a great trip and we are coming back after Christmas during Winter Break! Usually I give 4 or 5 photos of my trip, but how about 40? I am gonna post an Imgur link so you can feel like you were there too. Remember, the weather outside was frightful, but GA was so delightful!

40 Photos->

http://imgur.com/a/fjKD2

Edited by Mr.Six

We chose other things instead. We'll be back though!

I have problems like this when going to the park where I miss out on shows and special stuff going on. For me, missing out on holiday shows and other stuff affects my opinion on the events.

I am assuming Nitro was closed due to it being so cold? Missed out on this weekend. If I don't go this sunday its game over for this year. We shall see how the weather is. looks like Friday is supposed to be a high of low 20s and weekend back up to 40s :Screwy:

I am assuming Nitro was closed due to it being so cold? Missed out on this weekend. If I don't go this sunday its game over for this year. We shall see how the weather is. looks like Friday is supposed to be a high of low 20s and weekend back up to 40s :Screwy:

Yep, it was weather.

Also guest safety with windchills on moving coasters raising the risk of frostbite. Moving air will remove more heat faster out of your body than still air which causes windchill and higher delta p.

Edited by The Master