VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Adventure Rivers' Asian Rivers

29yrswithaGApass

Think I was around 10 when this opened. Was very nervous to try it but ended up being my favorite section of the park that summer. I remember 1 day the park had low crowds and we never left the area until the sun started to set. Good times. Certainly miss it.

The slides looked like they were a lot of fun. I never tried them because I remember as a kid thinking they were regular water slides (never going into the actual section to see they weren't regular water slides). With the other water rides removed from the park, it's a shame the park couldn't have kept at least 1 of the slide towers just to help spread out crowds a little. I did try similar slides at Hershey and Dutch Wonderland and they were good but these looked like they were better.

By far this was this best of the three Adventure Rivers slides. I am not claustrophobic but I remember the first time riding it wishing it was over and that I was out of that tube. For some reason, later trips down the tower didn't have that same effect. Must have been the heat that day!

^ I have to ask you a question - were the TV monitors added to the queue for the ride in Time Warner era? Will we will ever get see Six Flags TV Spotlight in the future soon and we will ever get full original old Six Flags TV videos in the future?

The TV monitors were added during the first Time Warner season (1992) - a year after Adventure Rivers opened in 1991. Asian Rivers only had TVs at ground level and not on the tower.

Someday there will be a Six Flags TV Spotlight but it is not on our schedule. As stated before, if we acquire any old Six Flags TV that is worth sharing we will post it at that time.

I also remember the slides were fast but at some point they installed some kind of cloth material heading into some of the turns to slow it down. Kind of ruined the experience once you got used to the way it was originally.

I wonder if any consideration was given to saving the Adventure Rivers slides and using them in Hurricane Harbor. They would have worked just as well with guests in bathing suits as regular clothes. They could have even added sprayers and mini waterfall features to increase the "wet" factor. It seems it would have been fairly simple to disassemble them and transport them across the parking lot.

• 1 month later...