VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Holiday in the Park 2017

29yrswithaGApass

I went to the park today from 4-5. Got my season pass for next year and went on Justice League twice and then we left. They weren't even charging to park which I had never seen before. The only rides that were open that I saw was GL, bumper cars, Justice League, Skull Mountain, and Sky Screamer. The park closed early at 6pm due to the temperatures, so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even open tomorrow.

Edited by SFGadv123
  • Like 1

Looking at the weather for that area, I don't blame them for not opening (and would understand if Great Adventure did the same thing). Even with multiple indoor rides at Great Adventure compared to other regional parks, I am guessing they have to be losing money staffing the whole park with probably not many people showing up. I wonder if this weather is going to effect HITP next year for them. I haven't really followed how well the event has been doing for their park but at least for Great Adventure, management knows the event has good attendance with ok weather.

• Like 1

That is a shame. But at this time of the year in the north, they are taking a risk with the weather. Hopefully it won't be a repeat with HH which downsized its operating days in June after one year with a cooler than normal June.

Edited by The Master
  • Like 1

On 12/29/2017 at 1:44 AM, Yoshi said:

Looking at the weather for that area, I don't blame them for not opening (and would understand if Great Adventure did the same thing). Even with multiple indoor rides at Great Adventure compared to other regional parks, I am guessing they have to be losing money staffing the whole park with probably not many people showing up. I wonder if this weather is going to effect HITP next year for them. I haven't really followed how well the event has been doing for their park but at least for Great Adventure, management knows the event has good attendance with ok weather.

Honestly, even yesterday attendance yesterday was perfectly respectable. It was slower than a lot of HITP days but there were a lot more people there than I expected. The park certainly wasn't dead. They might have turned a profit yesterday. On the way out we were talking about what a testament it was to HITP that there were any people there at all.

Edited by Coasterbill

I went last year on one of the colder days/nights.  I remember having to bundle up quite a bit, with temps down around freezing by sundown.  I couldn't get there this year before Christmas because of medical issues, and I sure as heck wasn't going there the last couple weeks with this crazy arctic freeze.