VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

The Future of Old Country?

The Old Country section has sat vacant for nearly a decade now, as well as the back end of Movie Town near Showcase Theater. With the opening of Justice League, is there any hope of it returning? Or maybe it will be entirely leveled and rethemed? I think autobahn is SBNO, but the ride pads from the pendulum, spinmeister, and the musik express are still there. Thoughts?

I hope so. I feel like if they were going to do it this year it would be announced. Hopefully it's something new and not a clone of other Six Flags rides. I really liked the originality of the Old Country themeing.

My opinion on the Movie Town rename: they should have just put Justice League in the Boardwalk and renamed that DC Comics Boardwalk. Use Autobahn as a queue house for a Discovery and get a new enterprise in and turn Lakefront, Seaport, and Movie Town/Old Country into Gotham Harbor (where Skull Mountain would be the odd one out as they probably have ideas); revert Bizarro to Medusa with that mixed VR package, more like how Minderaser in New England will work.

I could see a discovery coming to the park. It seems like those are the new super loops, in that each park is slowly getting one.

I don't think it will come in 2018 for some reason. Leaning toward 2019 for some reason.

If a flats package does come in, I'd love to see them keep the Old Country theme. It would make reopening autobahn easier, but I feel like it would probably get some sort of DC Comics retheming.

I would love to keep the theme and re-use the existing structure as much as possible, but I'm leaning towards that being unlikely.

The area is pretty small to have its own theme, which would make it easier to theme, but wouldn't be that immersive. It's basically squeezed in between Justice League/Showcase and Main Street.

I don't expect the Autobahn ride to be easily salvageable. It's been sitting dormant for so many years, it would probably be more cost effective to buy a new bumper car system for the building. (Assuming the building is still safe & useable) However, I don't see them doing that when we do have Fender Benders. As a compromise, I would like to see the building repurposed to house food stalls, games, or maybe a smaller ride. It would be a nice entrance way to access the area behind the building, where the theme could continue.

Based on the size, it would work well as a kiddie area, but then we'd probably lose the theme.

knowing six flags there probley going to combine movie town and old country and turn it into a Gothem city themed area with the addition of battle for metropolis, and some time in the future we are most likely getting that flat ride package SFOT got and old country is probley were there going to put it, and most likely give it the same theming that the ride package at SFOT got. And pull a "six flags". and think about it we would get a huss trokia most likely in musik express's spot, a Zamperla Endeavor (second generation enterprise) in the old enterprises spot and a Zamperla Giant Discovery in either freefals old spot or demolish the autobahn and put it there. knowing six flags and what they do this is the most likely fate for the old country I personally dont want to see old country go but this is the most probable future for old country.

That seems most likely to me, Mr. Anarchy. At this point, Movie Town may as well be called Gotham City with the only two current rides being Batman themed. As sad as it would be it's likely Autobahn could be torn down in favor of either the flats package or a giant discovery. A shame to lose the Old Country theme though. A few of the structures are still up.

Old Country should keep that theming, even though with the new JL ride it would be a little weird. It would be cool to keep it that Old world/ Bavarian style in that section and theme all the rides to it. It would be a great opportunity for new food options and even a beer garden. They host "grape adventure" back in that section. They could also market an Octoberfest for that area too during fright fest

I think the Old Country should become a expansion for Movietown, not necessarily would the area be themed on specific movies. But I still want some decent theming too.

First off the whole area needs repaved, the park must have a extremely low budget for their pavement, it is all dirty and cracked up. The Exploratorium should have a Larson Tilt-a-Whirl inside the building, with music and lights during the ride. I would keep the AutoBahn building, since they already have bumper cars, there can be seating for dining in there, and fill in snack and food areas like Snowy's.

The Spinmeister pad should have a new flat ride, a Zamperla Endeavour, it is basically a new version of a enterprise, Six Flags Over Texas has one, it wasn't too bad of a ride.

As for the third flat ride, there should be room where the Music Express was, a Larson flyers should go in that spot.

My last suggestion for the area is to put a show during the summer in the Showcase Theater and Stunt Arena! At least something inside the Showcase..

So that is kind of what I think the park should do in The Old Country, it is something that is pretty realistic in my opinion, and could happen in 2018.

Edited by jollyroger

What if the Showcase Theater had a showing of the old Six Flags TV. That was for you Six Flags Fun :-)

But seriously, Maybe the theater could show WB movies during the times that there isn't a show booked for the theater. I know it wouldn't happen because those guests would be out of circulation for an hour and a half minimum but I would enjoy that.

What if the Showcase Theater had a showing of the old Six Flags TV. That was for you Six Flags Fun :-)

But seriously, Maybe the theater could show WB movies during the times that there isn't a show booked for the theater. I know it wouldn't happen because those guests would be out of circulation for an hour and a half minimum but I would enjoy that.

Or maybe play Looney Tunes episodes over and over in the showcase.

They already play them in the ride line areas a lot though.

• 2 weeks later...

IMO there are too many areas as is. Yesterday on my first day as meal pass members, I was trying to correlate the park map with the eating places I could get food at, and having that many themed areas is just cumbersome. So I'm all for combining some areas, especially since some of them aren't that big anyway. And the connections between some areas are nonexistent or not entirely evident. When you go to a place like BG Williamsburg the pathways are logical and evident - laid out like an actual park. Because of the way SFGA developed over time, and because it has been revised so many times over the years, it's a real connectivity mess, and simplification could help.

Edited by dougdrummer

• 5 months later...

With Cyborg Cyber Spin replacing the old Autobahn building, I would love to see a flat package in Movietown/ Metropolis with new Zamperla Endeaver (Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth) in the old Spinmiester spot and a Chance Freestyle (themed to Lex Luther?)  in Musik Express's old pad.  Also, Movietown could use a Wave Swinger (Gothom city Crimewave) where chiller's main element used to sit, a long with a Zamperla Giant Discovery( Riddler's Revenge) in Freefall's Old spot. ( One could dream can't he) I think a few flat's to fill in the remaining empty spots would be perfect for that section and would compliment JLBFM and HITP. 

i like your idea of your future plan, but heres my ideas

for chance freestyle will be called kryptonate

the old enterprise waffle cones could be turn into a new restaurant called ace o clubs something like six flags magic mountain restaurant

movietown can be become gotham city and gotham city crimewave can go in front of the old chiller building

can the stunt arena can be demolished for a new water ride called penguins blizzard river if six flags america looking forwards to move the ride and in front of the penguin is nightwing: a huss troika

large.59b5b6620c6ea_ScreenShot2017-09-10at6_00_31PM.png.59b05968830c308debe357f8ea2e7af3.png

Edited by harry2004

1 hour ago, scott said:

LOL how could we forget Aquaman?

Seriously though, I wouldn't be surprised to see new, big time rides for Wondie and Aquaman especially if the Justice League movie does passably well.  If the single-rail gimmick works well in Texas for the new Wonder Woman coaster, they may try to roll that out in other parks.  As for Aquaman ... how do you do a water ride when you have a water park across the parking lot?  A big flume?

ETA:  I wouldn't be surprised if they do roll the Old Country into Movie Town, they rebrand it as Justice League Central or some such.  Can't call it Metropolis or Gotham -- they're two separate cities in the DCEU.  

Edited by Lemur