VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

April 8, 2017

Viper26

This Saturday I went to Great Adventure for the first time for 2017. It was pretty cold when I first arrived but the weather warmed up later on. The park wasn't very crowded typical for an early spring trip. I didn't arrive until noon. I started off at Nitro which had a 10-15 minute wait. I was expecting the line to be about a half hour and only two trains running as it was the only outdoor coaster operating when I arrived but they were running all three with 45-70 second dispatches. I waited for the back row which had the shortest line.

After lunch I went to Bizarro and rode it twice (Rows 1 and 7). It was my first time riding it since September. It was a walk on wait with the operators timing dispatches in order to prevent stacking from occurring often. This was the fastest I've seen dispatches on Bizarro and I'm glad they are putting time limits on the operations. They should do it at Six Flags America too.

Then I headed over to the Runaway Mine Train where it was a station wait. My first time riding it since May of last year and my first time in the front in over two years. I do not enjoy the Mine Train at all and this could end up being my only ride on it this year.

El Toro was next with a 10 minute wait. The most significant improvement that happened was the addition of a security check in order to get in line for both Toro and Kingda Ka similar to most rides at Universal Orlando. Unlike Universal where they prohibit anything from going into the queues, however, the guards only prohibit phones and keys from being taken to the ride here. I rode in the back row, and while it was a good ride, the final section was getting a bit rough sadly.

As this new policy is in effect, I used a locker. I went to Kingda Ka which had a 15 minute wait. As always I wait out for the front row. I was going to do it a second time but it broke down as we got in line the second time. Because of this, most riders went to Zumanjaro which had a 5 minute wait. Afterward I went to El Toro again which had a station wait, 15 minutes if for the front row. I went for the second row without waiting at all. During this time period, I used the Safari Discoveries shortcut path three times.

Later on I went to Green Lantern in the front row with a 10 minute wait. Then I went to Batman which had no wait for the front. I tried going to Nitro with the intention of riding it two to three more times but it was closed surprisingly. This was the first time seeing Nitro down for any such reason. Finished the day after that but I bought a new Kingda Ka shirt to replace the one I got two years ago. That first shirt is getting small on me.

In the end, I had a pretty good day at the park. Superman and The Joker were both closed the whole day. El Toro, Kingda Ka, Green Lantern, and Nitro had down time too at some points therefore I got to see half the coasters closed for a break down today. There were a lot of poor behaved people. When I was on El Toro, a kid about 11 years old was swearing at a buddy of his. About every rider was swearing on Green Lantern. I'm planning on coming back later this month.

I know it is early season, but this many coasters with down time is crazy. I'll see what Monday brings when I go.

Im gonna think Monday (today) won't be packed. Spring Break is split between the week before Easter and the week after. Half get before and half get after. I hope Joker is running!

Im gonna think Monday (today) won't be packed. Spring Break is split between the week before Easter and the week after. Half get before and half get after. I hope Joker is running!

Joker was testing at the end of the day yesterday. I saw empty cars running at 7:30 when I left.

Doubtful, if they were to add more lockers it will probably be more of the same kind to keep it consistent with the other rides in the park. I would like to see the key pad shields added that Dorney has that make it more difficult for someone to see your combination (Dorney has the same lockers otherwise). I also don't think they will be free since everyone would use those lockers for free and walk to other rides rather than pay for a locker at Superman, Green Lantern or Bizarro.

The ride lockers are $1 each use. Its not a huge fee and although they say they are for specific rides I think you could use one for multiple rides such as Batman the Ride and the Dark Knight. I believe there is a timer that tells you how long you have to return.

Its not going to break the bank but it is inconvenient. I assume its due to the number of people who couldn't just leave their phones in their pockets during a ride. When I was there on Sunday the Sky Screamer ride op was telling people to put their phones away. As someone said its the actions of a few that inconvenience the majority of us.

The ride lockers are $1 each use. Its not a huge fee and although they say they are for specific rides I think you could use one for multiple rides such as Batman the Ride and the Dark Knight. I believe there is a timer that tells you how long you have to return.

Its not going to break the bank but it is inconvenient. I assume its due to the number of people who couldn't just leave their phones in their pockets during a ride. When I was there on Sunday the Sky Screamer ride op was telling people to put their phones away. As someone said its the actions of a few that inconvenience the majority of us.

I must have been seeing the regular lockers, which I thought said the cost was like $12. I guess that was for all day?

I must have been seeing the regular lockers, which I thought said the cost was like $12. I guess that was for all day?

That sounds about right.

Ride lockers are $1 per use (for up to 2 hours I believe).

Or, you can rent a transferable ride locker for $8. That lets you pay once and use a new locker at each ride all day long.

That sounds about right.

Ride lockers are $1 per use (for up to 2 hours I believe).

Or, you can rent a transferable ride locker for $8. That lets you pay once and use a new locker at each ride all day long.

unfortunately there are sometimes long lines to get the lockers at the the kiosk....