VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

24 Riders Stuck on The Joker's Jinx

Viper26

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-news/248441128-story

This is not the first time The Joker's Jinx stalled as it stalled at the exact same spot in 2014 and it was the yellow train that stuck again too. It just so also happens, I'm going to visit Six Flags America tomorrow so I'll end up giving updates on what happened.

I wonder if they could put a platform and stairs and that spot since the ride has gotten stuck twice. I really don't like how some coasters like Invertigo coasters and some regular boomerangs don't have stairs and a platform at the cobra roll where it seems to valley at some park at least once a year.

I wonder if they could put a platform and stairs and that spot since the ride has gotten stuck twice. I really don't like how some coasters like Invertigo coasters and some regular boomerangs don't have stairs and a platform at the cobra roll where it seems to valley at some park at least once a year.

Speaking of that, the regular boomerang at SFNE valleyed there this past weekend.

It sounds like that didn't take too long to happen, wasn't that opening weekend? I usually try to ride in a middle car on a boomerang in the chance it does valley, the car will be less likely to be sideways or upside down.

The problem is that the track weaves around itself a lot that it would be a bit challenging to find an exit. Another option could be to increase the speed of the launch by a few miles per hour. Poltergeist at Fiesta Texas is the exact same ride however the launch is a bit faster which makes the chance of stalling less likely.

The problem is that the track weaves around itself a lot that it would be a bit challenging to find an exit. Another option could be to increase the speed of the launch by a few miles per hour. Poltergeist at Fiesta Texas is the exact same ride however the launch is a bit faster which makes the chance of stalling less likely.

Does the coaster operating system in any way compensate for total weight of passengers?

This coaster is also a clone of Flight of Fear at Kings Dominion, right? Has that one had any issues?

Not that I know of. The one at Kings Island had a small electrical fire in 2014.

The Flight of Fears have the benefit that only a small handful of people would know if it happened since it's indoors. If it did happen, we probably wouldn't hear about it.

Plus the weather wouldn't affect the operations too much, therefore the chance of a train stalling on Flight of Fear would be less likely.

It looks like they do have a few catwalks along the track, too.

https://rcdb.com/66.htm#p=12707

I think they did that because the fire departments aren't able to bring their trucks in the building and use a cherry picker to evacuate riders if a train stalling occurs.