VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

What was alway wrong with Viper?

I know Viper did not always work as it was intended to, and it was closed many times when I would visit the park. I never knew exactly what its problems were though. I know that we have some of Viper's old operators on the boards and I was wondering if they could tell us all the problems that the ride had.

^ I do remember when they openiedViper, one of our friends was rather into the coaster scene at the time and had told us that there was a much bigger coaster named Viper in another park and the "rumor" was that they felt our park only needed a smaller version of the ride. Now clearly this wasn't the case as it was only a matter of the same name being used, but I can tell you that "rumor" caused a lot of anger towards the ride within some smaller circles I knew.

I used to work on viper and one of the bigest prolems the ride had was the 3 foot stress crack in the heartline spin. i had to be forced back intop place and the rewelded . This weld caused the wheels on viper to ake a rough section of track and it tore them up. The wheel house could not refab wheels fast enough to keep up with the amount it went through. It already had a wheel problem from day one as the wheel compound was very hard and couldnt take the amount of friction heat it was making. In general the desin was bad and untl the track was replaced the following year this is why it was closed as much as it was

Viper did have a nice ghost town queue, shame the park could not reuse it for something else. But damn, seems like GAdv has had more of it's fare share of rides with major design flaws over the years.

Edited by The Master