VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Sunday 4/30 SFGA

dougdrummer

Decided to go on Sunday because the weather was not as nice as Saturday. It was in the low 60s, mostly cloudy and a stiff breeze. We wore sweatshirts, but by the end we were glad to get back in the car to warm up on the ride home.

We got there about 11 am and got right into the park with no wait for parking or security. Went right to the Safari, which was about a 30-minute wait. The line was not long at all, but they did not have enough trucks to accommodate riders. After safari, ate lunch at Best of the West, with no wait at all. After we walked around a bit, I decided to go on Green Lantern for the first time. I got right on the coaster, but I have to say it was not my favorite. There seemed to be way too much side to side movement of my head against the restraint. I liked the stand up position but not the jerking motion through the twists. I will probably not go on that ride again.

Walked around the park some more (over 5 miles total). Rode some other flat rides and strolled through shops and arcade. The $10 and under store was finally open but quite disappointing. It was nothing more than a tiny corner place that sold mostly customizable bracelets. Tried to put $10 in the token machine in the arcade, but it wouldn't take the money, so we left.

Walked around some more and ate an early dinner at Primos. After dinner walked over to the snack place near The Joker. There were only a handful of people in line, but the place is so inefficient at serving food, that it took more than 20 minutes to get my order. I knew I was in trouble when the woman in front of me had about 7 kids running around - I think she spent over $100 just to get snack food for the horde. All I wanted was to get a couple brownies to take home with me, and of course I finally got up to the window and they were out of brownies! At least we were entertained, because riders on The Joker got stuck at the very top of the lift section for about 15 minutes. They didn't seem to mind - I probably would have been freaking out!

When we left after 5 pm, the parking lot was pretty full, including several buses. Overall we didn't do a lot of rides, but didn't have to wait for them. It was more about stuffing our guts and getting our money's worth for the meal plans - LOL.

I like to go to the Coke Freestyle building to get a snack, there usually isn't much of a line there since most people are getting sodas.

But so far, in my limited experience, to fill your bottle at a free style machine its best to go to Sky Screamer Snacks (I think that's what its called).

But so far, in my limited experience, to fill your bottle at a free style machine its best to go to Sky Screamer Snacks (I think that's what its called).

It's called the Sky Bar. The ones there usually don't have lines compared to the ones inside the Fresstyle building.