VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

5/14/17

SFGadv123

Went to the park yesterday for the first time of the season and it was very successful. I figured it wouldn't be overly crowded since it was Mother's day but it was a nice day overall and with the rain on Saturday I figured there would be a decent crowd but I was wrong. We arrived at around 11:30 and the lot was pretty empty.

We started the day on Skull Mountain where we walked right on. Then we headed over to Nitro which was about a 3 train wait for front row. Then we went over to Batman and walked right on. We went to TDK and we got there when they were about halfway through the pre-show.

Next we decided to go over to The Joker, which I had never been on yet. But right as we got in line the ride broke down. One of the workers told us it was because someone held down the button to turn the ride on instead of the dispatch button by accident. S we got out of line and went to Skyscreamer which was about a 5 minute wait.

We got back in line for the Joker with about a 5 minute wait. This was my first time on the ride and I thought it was very good. I wish it were longer and we only flipped I think once. But we decided to get back in line and this time flipped 3 times so it was much more enjoyable than the first time. Definitely glad they added this to the park.

We took the Skyway and headed over to the other side of the park. We walked right onto Bizarro. I was glad to see the mist on the first drop was working, but it still wasn't working for the corkscrews. We headed to El Toro where it was a station wait. It's definitely starting to show it's age at some parts where it is noticeably bumpy. It seemed worse than usual yesterday.

We walked through Safari Discoveries (or whatever they are calling it now) and went over to Kingda Ka, which was a station wait. Next we went on Green Lantern which we walked right on. it's been a while since I have been on it since I always go with people who hate it. I always enjoyed it but this time it really banged my head around.

It was about 3:15 and I had to work at 5 so our last ride was Superman which we walked right on. When we got back they announced that the ride was closed due to the weather as some dark clouds were coming in. It started to rain as we got off and we still had to walk all the way back to Bizarro because my friend had got a locker over there to put their stuff in. It was pouring all the way back from Bizarro to the parking lot so we were soaked by the time we got to the car. We were there for about 4 hours and got on everything we wanted to. Couldn't have asked for a better day to go.

Surprised crowds were low on Mother's day, especially since a lot of parks have specials on that day. Nice that you have a low crowd trip, I just had one on Thursday.

I think it will be worse Sunday. Dance Fest is both days and Sunday is bring a friend free.

Nice report, that's good to hear that Joker still doesn't always flip a lot.

that's good to hear that Joker still doesn't always flip a lot.

Is it something with weight because I never seem to flip more than once. I think on media day I flipped "twice".

Great report. For a newbie, what does the term "station wait" mean?

When the line for the ride doesn't extend outside of the station, so that typically translates to a 0 to max 10 minute wait.

Sounds like a new topic, Site terminology.

I thought a walk on was the 0 wait while a station wait would be 2 to 10 minutes?