VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

June 4th

Mrpq

Little quick trip report.

Went to the park yesterday for a car show event and had my season pass so I figured I would head into the park. Got my buddy in for free since it was bring a friend for free day with a season pass, didn't even know till the nice lady at the ticket window told us. Park over all I felt was pretty empty with most coasters having a two train wait. Didn't really ride much but for what we did

Kingda Ka- hit this first. Sat in the middle and OMG has this ride gotten rough! I came off this with a headache that ruined the rest of my day.

El Toro- back row, never a let down

Bizzaro- has gotten a little rough over the years and the headache from Kinga. While inline someone has the bright idea to hop a fence into the ride area to go get their cell phone, so that added 15 mins to the wait. After that the ride opp made an announcement stating "PLEASE DO NOT cross into the ride areas, if you get hit by one of these 8 ton trains... you are not going to make it"

Sky ride- nice relaxing ride over to the other side of the park

Skull Mountain- I enjoy this ride and its very smooth

Nitro- front row, smooth as ever. Lifting your legs and keeping them straight out seems to help with any "grey out" issues

Dark Knight- fun coaster to kill time

My buddy and I decided we had it after those rides, got a beer at the sky bar and just hung out for a little. We both agreed that we both came off Kingda Ka with a headache that pretty much made the rest of the day not that enjoyable. I don't know if mybe its because I didn't east enough in the morning or it was lack of sleep from getting up so early, but I have never been so effected by a coaster in my life. I hope it was a one time deal because I would like to not feel that way at Cedar Point in July

The new rule with no keys and phones, I don't know man. Walking on to Kingda Ka they told everyone what they cant have. As I walked into El Toro they made the same announcement. I walked by the guy standing at the gate as he said it, I held out my hands to show I don't have anything, he turns and goes "hey let me check you!" so I looked back lifted my shirt to show my back shorts pockets had button and I go, "this is my wallet" and he goes oh ok. lot of people in line don't seem to know why they are doing this and a lot of talk was said that if they start to pat people down, that is when people will stop coming to the park and I will agree with that.

Kingda Ka is almost unrideable for me unless I ride in one of the first 2 or 3 rows. The 2nd and 3rd rows are still a little rough but tolerable. I rode on the first row on Sunday of opening weekend and it was almost smooth. I only rode Dragster once and even in the center of the train it didn't feel rough like Kingda Ka.

Ok I thought it was just me with that feeling om KK. But unrideable is a perfect way to describe it. and its just as rough coming back down and over the hill as it is on the launch. I agree last time I road TTD it was butter smooth, I will compare when I am at Cedar point next month

What would make this ride so rough? age or lack of being taken care of? its a shame

Edited by Mrpq

I'm not very sure but the hard over the shoulder restraints may have to do with the ride. Age probably doesn't have too much of an effect but the fact that Kingda Ka needs a repaint may be a factor.

I would have a hard time believing age would be a factor since it really isn't THAT old. I was thinking the over the restraints to with the added weight could be doing something. I will also agree Ka 100% needs a paint job, it looks sad

On Ka, I found that slouching down a bit after the OTSR are secured helps smooth it out for me. (Not having that tight contact with the shoulders and the restraints)