VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Lets talk about Kingda Ka,

Mrpq

As Coasterbill at TPR put it in his TR today, TTD is "the 420ft tower of downtime." TTD notoriously has pretty bad reliability. It is generally a complaint you hear for TTD moreso than KK. Also, TTD is much more prone to rollbacks than KK, where it is a pretty rare occurrence.

I do agree about capacity, though. Zumanjaro really killed KK's capacity.

LOL. I'm famous.

In all seriousness I honestly have no idea which of the 2 rides is more reliable. It's rare to go to either park and have either ride closed for an entire day (unless it's down for weather / wind which is more of an issue at Cedar Point) but they both go down a lot throughout the course of an average day.

Dragster breaks down MUCH more frequently than Kingda Ka but Dragster also runs 2 load stations, 2 unload stations and 5 trains with spectacular dispatch times / much shorter launch intervals. Kingda Ka only uses 1 load / unload station and runs between 1-3 trains on any given day. Dragster breaks down more frequently, but it would be a miracle if that weren't the case since it has so many more opportunities to break down since it sends so many more trains per hour.

I really don't have a strong preference between Kingda Ka and Top Thrill Dragster but I also only ride either ride in the front row because I absolutely love them in that seat. I'm sure if I rode Kingda Ka elsewhere then I'd feel differently but I don't really have any issues with roughness in row 1.

That's good to hear you tried it, did you like the coaster?

It's amazing what Knoebels gets away with (and I like the park for that). No gates, no seatbelts on Phoenix and Twister or most other flat rides and ride operators not even checking to make sure the belts are buckled.

It's good. I've always known there was no reason to not ride it but I had to talk myself into it anyway. I almost walked away when I put my things in a locker. The nerves only lasted until I was queued up for the launch. Unlike when I rode Storm Runner at Hershey I did keep my head back so no concussion.

Storm Runner is obviously much smaller but I like that there are some more elements after the tall hill and not just the single camel hump. There is a lot of wasted kinetic energy that could have been used to extend the experience.

So I guess the short answer is,love the speed but wish the ride was longer. if it was a Ka/Nitro hybrid it would be the best coaster ever.

• Like 1

LOL Yes. Every third thirsday of the month I have to go to Delaware for a meeting. On the way backto the office in Lakewood I have to drive passed the Great Adventure exit so I take a detor for an hour and get in as many coasters as I can. I think this is the 3rd or 4th year. I will go again on August 17th if I'm not traveling someplace else for work.

• 2 years later...