VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Photo Trip Report: July 27th, 2017 - Summertime Fun!

29yrswithaGApass

I've been meaning to ask why they roped off the lake shore area, especially with the tall wooden framework in several locations? They look like gates of some sort.

They use to have a picket fence around the area (to let the grass grow and keep guests away from the water) but that created issues during the fireworks with people fenced in. They have now opted to put chains up which can be removed during the fireworks.

2016_07_09_IMG_0978%20copy.jpg

From what I can see from your photos, the park is certainly looking improved. The Metropolis area looks good. I like the new Music Hall Hall facade (although a regularly used facility would be nice) and I think the wide open area of cement could have benefited from some trees. The bridge to the area immediately brings images of the Great America parks to mind. I think the area around the lake is also looking very nice and appreciate the use of the themed photo booths in both Frontier Adventure and Lakeside near the Bucaneer. I think it going without saying that the Congo Rapids advertising is a bit overpowering, but at least it doesn't come off as totally cheesy. Landscaping that I could see looks nice, especially the area near El Toro that seems to really pop. Hopefully I'll be able to see it all sometime in late August.

That is a great price, Talon's on ride videos were around $24.99 and that was 10 years ago.

Excellent pictures as always, it is nice to see the new sign at Swashbuckler.