VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Did you miss the cobwebs throughout the park this Fright Fest?

29yrswithaGApass

Fright Fest Cobwebs  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Did you miss the cobwebs throughout the park this Fright Fest?

• Yes, the park wasn't the same without them.
    • No, no big loss.
  2. 2. Did you realize they were missing this Fright Fest?

• Yes.
    • No.

I didn't realize they were missing this year. I only got to Fright Fest once the first week of the event. Maybe if I had gone to the park more times I would have noticed the cobwebs missing after a few visits.

I sure noticed it this year and their absence made the park seem more sparse for FF. Sadly I think the park wants less Halloween decorations up so they can more quickly convert to Christmas which they focus more effort on than for Halloween anymore. 

Edited by The Master
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dougdrummer said:

How long has GA owned those two Hearst cars for?  Do they just sit outside in a storage lot the rest of the year?  Some the windows are missing, so I can't imagine what they are like inside with the rain getting in them.

They had them at least from 1999, and there used to be 4 of them, 3 Caddys and 1 Buick. The one Caddy is completely rusted out right under the Landau trim, it will need a whole new rear quarter panel welded in. Those old vinyl roofs are rust traps. 

Another thing I miss were the hay bales and cornstalks with fancy gourds they used to have all over. Guess they have to allocate funds from FF decorating to HITP decorations. 

Yesterday on Nitro, I saw several webs spread out on the ground in the yard by Nitro's first drop, next to the old Pallex prop. 

Edited by The Master

1 hour ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

I didn't make it to the last few weekends of FF.  Did they have the giant pumpkin man made of hay bales this year?  That was always a long standing tradition dating back to the late '80s.  

I don't remember seeing it, but I tend not to venture around much during FF. I wonder if Ignite being in that area had an effect on it.

1 hour ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

I didn't make it to the last few weekends of FF.  Did they have the giant pumpkin man made of hay bales this year?  That was always a long standing tradition dating back to the late '80s.  

I didn't see it. However, the only section I never went in during FF was Golden Kingdom, so it could have been over there for all I know.