VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

11/9/17

Yoshi

I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get back to the park before HITP and was able to get there today. It was almost a repeat of the trip last year when I also went to the park on a Thursday in November, low crowds until around 5:00 - 6:00 and then walk ons the rest of the night.

Lines were 5  - 15 minutes for almost everything in the afternoon when I got to the park for the first few hours I were there with the exception of Justice League with the line out of the building and listed as 65 minutes in the app and The Dark Knight that was listed as 30 minutes in the app. I think the reason the line for The Dark Knight was because there was no pre-show being run, people saw no line outside and thought it was a short wait but the line started about half way in the pre-show room and was full up to the loading area.

Bizarro, Runaway Mine Train, Parachutes and Skyway were closed. Some food places and games were closed as well. There were also almost no ride greeters and bags were allowed to be left in the station on most rides. Dispatches were still fast.

I tried Metro Grill for lunch and the chicken sandwich I had was really good and much better than the typical theme park food.

Nitro got stopped on the lift because someone had a phone out and an announcement was made in the station about how there is a fine of up to $1,000 from the state of NJ and a year ban or longer from the park for having a phone out yet when the train returned to the station, the person went up to the ride operator that had the phone, got it back and was able to leave without talking to security. I wish they would go through with the threat of kicking people out of the park.

SkyScreamer was also stopped with riders maybe 2/3 of the way up the tower for around 15 minutes around 3:00 but reopened shortly after that.

Nitro, 5 rides. 2 trains running with fast dispatches. I went for row 7 and 8 for all 5 rides.

Skull Mountain, 5 rides. My 5th ride was my overall 400th Skull Mountain ride. Ride #399 had no one else on the train.

The Dark Knight, 2 rides (later in the day when there was no one in line).

Justice League, 3 rides. Later in the day, there was no wait using the single rider line. I got 138500 on my 2nd ride that is my best score so far. This ride is so much fun and was just what the park needed. It might be interesting to try to ride when there is no one else in the car so there isn't anyone else going for the targets to try to get a higher score. I'm sure there won't be a chance to try that for a while though.

Harley Quinn Crazy Train, 1 ride.

Kingda Ka, 2 rides. I rode in the 2nd and 3rd rows. The front row line only was a 3 train wait for the 2nd ride but with so many empty rows, I thought I would be told that I had to fill in other rows (that has happened in past trips when the station isn't full) so I didn't try to wait for the front.

Zumanjaro, 2 rides. 1 ride was in gondola 3 in the seat at the end of the row on the left which is one of my favorite seats since it is so close to Kingda Ka's track.

El Toro, 2 rides. Really smooth in a non wheel seat but the wheel seat wasn't too bad either.

SkyScreamer, 2 rides.

IMG_3130.JPG.a6c13c83f93ad595a2ecc6ccbd3b8051.JPG

I know everyone takes this pictures but with this part of the queue empty, I stopped to get the picture.

IMG_3131.JPG.779f1e056b09e141df8ab21ff4b4c13c.JPG

No pre-show running and there was no one in the queue after the pre-show room.

• Like 1

I was in the park from opening to about 5. Nitro had a very late opening again, about 40 min after the other rides were running. I saw from Batman that one of Nitro's trains is disassembled on the ground. El Toro had a breakdown early in the day but they fixed it fairly quickly. Some sections of the park still had FF soundtracks playing, and a few windows still had FF store displays despite the elf HITP decals being applied to the glass. 

I was at the park too. The park was so dead that they didn't even sell Flash Passes. There was also no ride greeter checking for phones or keys at Kingda Ka. The only ride greeter I saw was on El Toro ans they didn't check for phones either. I also feel that it's always the same ride op on Nitro that warns riders about the phones.

11 hours ago, The Master said:

I was in the park from opening to about 5. Nitro had a very late opening again, about 40 min after the other rides were running. I saw from Batman that one of Nitro's trains is disassembled on the ground. El Toro had a breakdown early in the day but they fixed it fairly quickly. Some sections of the park still had FF soundtracks playing, and a few windows still had FF store displays despite the elf HITP decals being applied to the glass. 

I noticed that Nitro train as well. I'm glad it's already taken apart so it will hopefully be ready for opening day next year.

9 hours ago, Viper26 said:

I was at the park too. The park was so dead that they didn't even sell Flash Passes. There was also no ride greeter checking for phones or keys at Kingda Ka. The only ride greeter I saw was on El Toro ans they didn't check for phones either. I also feel that it's always the same ride op on Nitro that warns riders about the phones.

I was surprised about no Flash Passes being sold. I have been at the park before when it was just as empty and they still sold them, maybe people complained on those type of days so they decided against it. Or maybe they didn't have enough Flash Pass employees?

42 minutes ago, Mr.Six said:

I remember during the bonus day I went to last year the preshow didn't run for Dark Knight.  Probably for the better, with less crowds there's no point.

Yeah, it's better that way when there are low crowds. One year at Coasters After Dark they were still running the pre-show and the operator in the room said he was going to wait until more people showed up until the pre-show would start and rather than wait around an extra 5 - 10 minutes plus the time spent watching the movie, I left and went back to the ride later.