VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

5/11/18

Yoshi

I went for the park yesterday for my 2nd trip of the season. Even though I had already been to the park once in April and gone to Hersheypark twice as well, it didn't feel like the season had really started for me yet since I missed the "big 3" coasters at Great Adventure last month. As expected crowds were really low. For some reason the first 2 or 3 Friday's in May are always empty even with all the school groups when Dorney and Hershey get very crowded on those same days (I checked Hershey's app and some coasters were 75 minute waits). On the way to the park, I thought about how I was almost driving right past Dorney that is a lot closer but with Thunderhawk closed and Wild Mouse not worth more than 1 ride per visit, that only left 4 coasters to ride and I knew I would be bored within 2 - 3 hours of being there and would rather drive over twice as far to get to Great Adventure.

Even with the low crowds, Nitro, Bizarro and Kingda Ka were all running 3 trains. El Toro was running 1 train but was a station wait later in the day (and maybe earlier than that too). The Parachutes had 2 sides open. The longest waits of the day were 10 minutes for Kingda Ka, 3 cycles for Sky Screamer and 10 minutes for the Skyway.

I took advantage of the low crowds to ride Justice League 5 times. One ride I had my own car which I didn't think would happen that often. I am now up to 15 rides total and still am finding new targets to go after, partially because I stopped to look at the point signs this time that I usually miss using the single rider line. When I was near Justice League, I kept watching Cyborg Cyber Spin as it was moving up thinking it might start testing. Then when I saw it stopped for a few minutes, I went to Justice League and checked back, repeating that a few times but it never did test.

Some of the snack stands are now selling sandwiches and wraps that can be used with the dining pass. That should be helpful on days when the food lines elsewhere are bad.

With the low crowds, and the old pathway from Golden Kingdom to Plaza Del Carnval open, yesterday's trip reminded me of visiting the park from 2008 - 2010 when I would visit often early in the season on days that were usually empty and before the path closed.

Ride Count:

Nitro, 4

Justice League, 5

The Dark Knight, 1

Batman, 1

Skull Mountain, 1

Skyway, 1

Harley Quinn Crazy Train, 1

Bizarro, 1

Runaway Mine Train, 1

Kingda Ka, 1

Zumanjaro, 2

El Toro, 1

Parachutes, 1

Sky Screamer, 2

IMG_3843.JPG.8507bc5d7820db7f7516ed59438894f7.JPG

IMG_3844.JPG.0cbe941c4955f8bd48d86688d4cf21c4.JPG

IMG_3845.JPG.26f05bf3d69ba01cb3d5fbb44cbc8eab.JPG

• Like 1

Yeah it was nice to visit the park on a day without lines again as I haven't been able to get there on low crowd days as often as I used to. I'll start posting ride counts again in future reports.

I was at the park on Thrusday and everything was walk on except for the safari which was badly backed up from the low number of trucks in service. Looked like it was half an hour between trucks.