VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Dorney Park 5-20-18

coliwood_studios

Had a great day at Dorney Park last week, and got on a lot of rides.  The crowds were very light and the weather was perfect.  Unfortunately, Hydra closed mid-day and didn’t reopen.  In the one front row ride I managed to get on Hydra, I had a very rough ride, and I don’t know if it became rough over the off season, or if it just had bad wheels. Thunderhawk was also closed due to retracking, but we did catch some test runs from it!  I decided to take a ride on Monster which ended up being a huge mistake.  I felt so nauseous on that ride as the cycle was too long, and I never feel sick on rides. Demon Drop was actually open and I got a few rides on it for my first time.  It was easily the most intense drop tower I’ve ever ridden, and maybe even the most intense ride at Dorney.  It still absolutely hate their no re-ride policy, and if that didn’t exist, I would’ve gotten so many more rides on the coasters.  That policy majorly impacts my experience at Dorney in a negative way, and I hope that policy is repealed soon.  We also spotted some reminiscence of Stinger in the form of T-Shirts, magnets, candy, and actually a sign pointing towards Stinger Dorney forgot to take down.  Here was my ride count for the day: 

Talon 4x, Hydra 1x, Possessed 2x, Steel Force 4x, Demon Drop 3x, Monster 1x, Kaleidoscope 1x, Cedar Creek Flyers 1x

Me: 17 Rides

I feel like 1 of Hydra's train is worse than the other. One vibrates and rattles more throughout the ride.

I also agree about the re-ride policy, it's annoying and I appreciate that Great Adventure allows re-rides since it saves so much time from having to walk through empty queues.