VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Photo Trip Report: June 22nd, 2018 - Hurricane Harbor and Theme Park

29yrswithaGApass

The other interesting thing is that there aren't even motors on the side that they're working on. (At least, from what's visible & what I assume)

Each ring has a big motor on one side and a slightly smaller silver metal cylinder on the opposing side. I'm not sure what the silver cylinder is, but it's smaller than its opposing motor and doesn't look like the usual ride motor. My best guess is that it's something to keep a balanced force/torque on both sides of the ring (a small motor?), but I assume it is not the main rotating force for the ring. Both the green motor and the silver cylinder are visible in the same pic, and the green motor seems larger than silver cylinder. Does the green motor go inside the ring or the lift arm's connection to the ring?

First pic shows how the motors/cylinders line up in the home/resting position. Both cylinders are on the side they're working on in Harry's photo.

1SA0rnj.jpg

j2lhAa1.jpg

xUQqBYS.jpg

• 4 weeks later...