VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Hansa Park Adding Highlander A 394 Foot Drop Tower

Yoshi

https://www.hansapark.de/neuheiten-2018/attraktion/219/details/2019-highlander/

HANSA-PARK’s new stand-alone freefall tower Highlander smashes present records in Germany, on the European continent and worldwide.

• Highest and fastest Gyrodrop Tower of the world with a height of 120 m (394 feet) and a speed of 120 km/h (75 mph)
  • 103 meter-drop – breaking all previous records
  • Worldwide highest Gyrodrop tower with tilting seats

I wonder how it will differ from Falcon's Furry as it's called a Sky Jump but Hansa-Park is calling it a Gyro (I think it means the seats rotate as you ascend, even if this is true, what else then)?

4 hours ago, Matt Kaiser said:

I've always wondered, what does the "gyro" mean in Gyrodrop? It's just Intamin's model name for the ride, right? And it's specifically the one with the seats rotating in a ring around the tower?

Gyro is the term Intamin uses with all its tall cylinder rides. For example, their observation towers are Gyro Towers.  Gyro is short for gyroscope which is defined as:  a device consisting of a wheel or disk mounted so that it can spin rapidly about an axis that is itself free to alter in direction.