VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Holiday in the Park 2018 - New Info & Guide Map

29yrswithaGApass

17 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

It is $5.  Season Pass and Membership is $4.  $1 from each ticket is donated to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Ocean County.

Pretty hard to feel cheated for that price, but I'm sure someone will. 

Love this event.  Just wish they could put a small rink in somewhere for ice skating.  

I went to Holiday In The Park Opening Day.. It was fun. They had a good amount of rides although I got stuck on SkyScreamer. I felt like Kingda Ka could've been open though, it wasn't that cold outside. I liked all the light props. There were absolutely no waits for ALL the coasters. They were basically walk-ons. I went in the mirror maze for $8 because i had two people in my party. The maze was $5 for normal guests, and $4 for season pass holders and membership members. The maze was cute. we got basically stuck towards the end, and a little elf came into the maze and lead us out. It was fun. Nitro in the back of the train is the best because you literally fly out of your seat on those airtime hills. I literally almost lost my hat I had on the first drop. Superman was fun too. All the rides were fun and thrilling. We saw a couple of shows. We saw the Hotsy Totsy, and the Tree Lighting Show. Believe it or not, I saw a lot of people with those hot beverage mugs. It's for coffee and hot chocolate. If you don't know the price it is $10.99 for one cup, $9.99 For two, and $8.99 for three. The parachute ride was open, in which they used to have lights on it last year. They had character meet and greets throughout the whole park. And they did not have the red string lights on skull mountain  surprisingly, just red spotlights. But overall it was fun and I will definitely visit again

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2018 at 9:13 PM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Unless I have missed them, I think the park should have both radio and TV commercials to promote Holiday in the Park. So many people are surprised to learn the park is open this time of year when I tell them.

That may be intentional to cap crowd size considering how understaffed they are. 

On 12/1/2018 at 9:13 PM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Unless I have missed them, I think the park should have both radio and TV commercials to promote Holiday in the Park. So many people are surprised to learn the park is open this time of year when I tell them.

That's exactly the same for me, on its fourth season people still don't really know about it at all!

16 hours ago, joeyc98 said:

Great Adventure has one of the least interesting/worst park social media presence ever, so Facebook and Instagram isn't helping them much either.

Yeah, they really need to get on this.  Their social media game is abysmal.   I don't know if they need to contract with some influencers or just high a college-aged marketing intern and hand over the reigns.  I always get the impression that the person handling it doesn't quite "get" how the various platforms work. 

1 hour ago, ThemeParkRider said:

That's exactly the same for me, on its fourth season people still don't really know about it at all!

They can be playing the hell out of that song from the tree show.  I heard it two weeks ago and it's still rattling around in my head.

I have only been there once but checking Queue Times almost every day, it looks like crowds have been better than expected with the cold weather. Tonight Justice League was showing a 45 minute wait and the Skyway a 20 minute wait even with temperatures under 30 degrees. I would have thought everything would be a walk on in that weather.

I was there lastnight (temps hovering around high 30’s) and while the park was pretty empty overall, definitly longer wait times for JL & Skyway than i would have imagined. Walk-ons for Nitro, TDK , BTR and basically everything else that was running. Loooong lines in Granny’s for food though, prob cause it was nice & warm inside. We totally forgot about the defunct Panda-now-generic holiday eatery, which would have been warm too, next visit we’ll try it if its not too packed. 

4 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

^ No, the park will open Saturday December 15th.

That stinks, I know Sesame Place and Storybook Land will both be open Friday, but I have done both of there Holiday in the past. It was Down to Hershey Park and Great Adventure and we wanted to keep it close due to the Rain, but I guess Hershey Park it is. Thanks

Festive Holiday Lights and New Year’s Eve Fireworks

Sparkle at Six Flags Great Adventure

WHAT:

Families looking for festive holiday activities between Christmas and New Year’s Day can enjoy the winter wonderland of Holiday in the Park at Six Flags Great Adventure daily Dec. 26 through Jan. 1. The World’s Ultimate Thrill Park lights up the nights with more than a million glittering lights, dazzling holiday entertainment, delicious seasonal treats, adorable elves and more than 30 of the park’s most popular rides.

Holiday in the Park’s fourth season features two new shows – Wonder: A Cirque Spectacular, and The Elf Who Saved Christmas; a newly themed area, Deck the Halls; a new holiday mirror maze and more rides than ever before. This enchanting adventure is included with park admission, Season Passes and active Memberships.

Guests can also ring in the New Year with a New Year’s Eve Celebration at 9 p.m. Dec. 31 featuring spectacular fireworks, music and more.

More information about Holiday in the Park is available at www.sixflags.com/greatadventure

WHEN:

Daily Dec. 26 through Jan. 1 from 1 to 9 p.m., weather permitting.

WHERE:

Six Flags Great Adventure, Rt. 537, Jackson, NJ 08527

More information is available at www.sixflags.com/greatadventure

#  #  #

Source:  Six Flags Great Adventure

• 2 weeks later...