VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Photo Trip Report: November 8th, 2018 - GA Bonus Day

29yrswithaGApass

14 hours ago, Pineracer said:

Your addition shows were the flames were, but in the report, it looked fine without the effect (just like most of the loops tbh)

The deal with the flames is that a while back, it was rumored that Six Flags was taking it out after it closed with the rest of Plaza Del Carnival during HitP. Apparently, the state doesn't like the joystick operating cycle on the ride (where the oeprator controls the train with a joystick), and Six Flags plans on taking it out, either for good or to replace it with a newer model. Themeing coming off the ride is usually a good indicator that a ride is on it's way out.

This is my thing- I could be absolutely wrong but Six Flags typically has a 'get your last rides on ...' before they close a ride for good. This leads me to believe that the rumors are true that we will be getting a replacement simply because they did not announce its closure. As for the other rumor that there will be an RMC there in 2020, while I would love that and it is POSSIBLE, I would truly doubt it.

7 hours ago, Louisatsweetlou said:

This is my thing- I could be absolutely wrong but Six Flags typically has a 'get your last rides on ...' before they close a ride for good. This leads me to believe that the rumors are true that we will be getting a replacement simply because they did not announce its closure. As for the other rumor that there will be an RMC there in 2020, while I would love that and it is POSSIBLE, I would truly doubt it.

We aren't getting a replacement for Diablo. And I honestly don't think most people care about it going away either. Where Diablo is could be where our new coaster in 2020 will go (i think we are getting either something similar to Railblazer/Wonder Woman... or even a T-Rex model.. or could be a launch coaster like West Coast Racers/ the new one at Six Flags Great America) or it's just being opened up as a walkway towards Ka.