VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Fireworks on the Fourth of July?

Will there be a fireworks show on July 4th?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Select one of the following:

• I think there will only be Fireworks
    • I think there will only be a Glow in the Park parade.
    • I think they will have both the Fireworks and the Glow in the Park parade.
    • I don't think they will have the Fireworks or the Glow in the Park parade.

Every year since the park opened Great Adventure has put on a 4th of July fireworks display. Even last year when the park was without a regular nighttime show or parade, the park made sure it celebrate on Independence Day.

This year should be interesting -

- The park is open until 10pm

- Sunset on July 4th in Jackson is 8:29 pm

- The Glow in the Park parade typically starts at 9pm.

- Last year the Fireworks were scheduled for 9:30pm.

This year on the 4th, I wonder if the park will have the Fireworks, the Glow in the Park parade, neither, or both? Any speculation?

gallery_2_31_61401.jpg

gallery_2_31_317774.jpg

I think that the park is going to attempt to get both in for the 4th. I can't imagine them cancelling the parade with it not having been open overly long yet at that point, but I also think the fireworks are too much a part of the park and just everyone as a whole for them to be forgotten. I am sure the park can pull something together for the night :). Unfortunately I have never taken the fireworks in at the park as we are usually not in that are but who knows.

If they are going to do a fireworks show, to find out I would keep an eye on the condition of the Great Lake Bandstand. I'm sure they would open it for seating, so if they start moving the Jump Ramps and all the other stuff that's in the water in front of the seats. I think we'll have us a Fireworks show. I hope they do, that area is one of the nicest in the park and I hate the fact no shows are down there anymore. *R*

Fourth of July with no fireworks, thats unamerican! Of couse there will be a fireworks show! the parade will run just a few min early and then the fire works will run a few min after the parade route isnt far fro the grandstand on the lake, I remember years ago ridding on the sky ride and they would stop it so that you could get a good areial view. i was only lucky to have that happen once, but yes theres a fireworks show

• 2 weeks later...
All 10 parks will participate in a July 4th celebration featuring fireworks sponsored by the all-new 2009 Dodge Journey, the brand's first crossover vehicle.

According to a recent article about Chrysler Jeep and Dodge promotions at Six Flags, ten parks will be having fireworks on July 4th and GA is one of them!

Link to Article

• 4 weeks later...