VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Post COVID-19 Operations.

The Master

23 hours ago, ericthewanderer said:

F***ED Up BEyond Recognition. Supposedly it was military slang in the 1940's & 50's,but I never heard it until I saw "Tango & Cash".

It can also mean F***ed up or fouled up beyond repair. Either way it means irreparable damage. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Using Web Archive, on May 7th it wasn't listed

https://web.archive.org/web/20200507082051/https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/special-events

It looks like Comic Fest that was said to be postponed to late summer was also removed. The Special Group and Educational Events tab and events listing was also removed but none of those events were for later in the year except for Autism Day in the fall.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if anyone else went this weekend, but I went on Friday. It didn't feel safe whatsoever. Parents pushing little children around in strollers (seemed like a horrible idea to expose your kid to a venue like this, but not my call), people not wearing masks & taking them off, social distancing definitely was NOT followed. And the worst part, was that the queues were filling up and people weren't even concerned with following the stickers on the floor.

The trains were literally being sent out with sometimes 6 people on them... Nitro had 4 rows being used, 5 were empty each cycle (not sure why they couldn't let the back row be used, rows 1/3/5/7/9 should all have been used). The worst part? When a single rider would ride, the entire row would be used for one person. Not even putting 2 single riders at the left & right ends of the row. Nitro's queue was literally into the switchbacks. It felt more maniacal than a regular summer, and also extremely unsafe. I won't go back to Great Adventure until Covid resolves. 

• Like 1

At this point I wish that I could just get a refund for my 2020 season pass. They seem to be doing a terrible job at enforcing social distancing and maks wearing to the point where I think I'll just avoid going to the park until next year. Basically gonna be wasted money. 

• Like 1

Since JDC isn't going to be ready until 2021, even if the park were to close for the rest of 2020 I don't think it'd be such a big deal (there aren't any "new" experiences to miss out on). Honestly it would probably be safer for the public. The Safari being drive-thru seems like a good enough replacement in the time being.

I am quite excited for 2021 now, it gives something to look forward to! A movie franchise I really like also pushed back their film to 2021 (Halloween Kills), so now I have JDC and the movie to look forward to next year. :)

On 7/11/2020 at 12:12 AM, SFGadv123 said:

At this point I wish that I could just get a refund for my 2020 season pass. They seem to be doing a terrible job at enforcing social distancing and maks wearing to the point where I think I'll just avoid going to the park until next year. Basically gonna be wasted money. 

Same 4 passes and food plans all going down the toilet.  My wife and I will not be taking our kids this year

• Like 1