VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Photo Trip Report: April 2nd, 2021 - Season #48!

29yrswithaGApass

"Main Street" looks so drab. Fresh paint is always welcome, but couldn't they choose a better color scheme? Grey just looks awful on any day.

Superhero Snacks looks awful. Like a NYC construction site plastered with bills. Sad because its a nice structure.

Six Flags continues deferring maintenance on "The Big Wheel". There's no excuse to see it in that state. Ceder Point has an identical model (only 2 of this kind were made), and its meticulously kept. In fact, Cedar Fair moved it closer to the lake, and upgraded to a stunning LED Light Package. I love Schwarzkopf Flat Rides. This one doesn't seem long for this world. Intamin AG services these rides.

(edit: removed "salt breeze splash". The Great Lakes are freshwater. I should have remembered that!)

Edited by Thunderbolt

Welcome back Thunderbolt!

I prefer the new Main Street colors as they are more in the color palette of a colonial theme.  I didn't like the previous color scheme of Pepto pink and bright red.  It made them look more like stands found on a boardwalk.  I agree Superhero Snacks couldn't look more tacky with all the ads.

Superhero snacks looks like a junky food stand on the Wildwood Boardwalk. Which kind of fits in an area named the Boardwalk. Those Marijuana prohibition signs reminds me of the parks in CA. Glad SF is prohibiting its use in the park.  

Edited by The Master

On 4/7/2021 at 12:29 PM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Welcome back Thunderbolt!

I prefer the new Main Street colors as they are more in the color palette of a colonial theme.  I didn't like the previous color scheme of Pepto pink and bright red.  It made them look more like stands found on a boardwalk.  I agree Superhero Snacks couldn't look more tacky with all the ads.

Thanks! I liked the yellow pastels used in the past. I agree the pinks and reds were out of place.

Is anyone left in the sign shop, from its glory days?