VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags Over Georgia, 5/8/21

Yoshi

I went to Atlanta almost 2 weeks ago to see the Phillies play the Atlanta Braves. It was my first MLB game in almost 4 years and a great game to go to with the Phillies scoring 6 runs in the first inning and winning 12 - 2. Since we were already in Atlanta, we went to Six Flags Over Georgia the next day.

This was my first time going to a Six Flags park that wasn't Great Adventure and I was interested in seeing how another Six Flags park was. I expected Twisted Cyclone or Goliath was going to be my favorite coaster at the park.

Opening was 10:30 and Twisted Cyclone was running before then. This was my 2nd RMC coaster. I really liked the train design and there were a lot of interesting elements included in the ride like wave turn and the reverse cobra roll but overall like Twisted Timbers more.

Log Jamboree is a classic flume ride and log flumes are always fun. You get cooled off but not soaked.

Dare Devil Dive was the surprise coaster at the park for me. Going upside down with lap bars is great and the coaster was really smooth. It is my favorite vertical lift coaster and might have been my favorite coaster of the day.

It felt a little strange going to Batman The Ride, familiar and different at the same time with the queue layout not the same as Great Adventure's and the blue track. This version didn't feel quite as forceful as Great Adventure's version which I actually liked.

Goliath has a cool layout with some of the coaster leaving the main part of the park and going into the parking lot area. It had some rattling the entire ride but not too bad. The 540 degree helix was forceful just like Nitro's.

I didn't know much about Monster Mansion other than it was a boat ride with monster animatronics. It was really well done especially for a regional park with a lot of animatronics and there were a lot more show scenes than I was expecting. It's a shame more Six Flags parks don't have a ride like this.

Joker Funhouse Coaster was the park's kiddie/junior coaster. It had a good layout compared to the standard Chance Big Dipper layout like Joust at Dutch Wonderland.

SkyScreamer was another ride I was looking forward to since I like Great Adventure's version so much. When the swings got to the top and did some rotations and started to lower, I thought it was going to be like Great Adventure where it goes up and down but it was the end of the ride. The cycle was around 1/3 - 1/2 the time of the cycle at Great Adventure.

Blue Hawk was ok, not too rough for an older Vekoma since the newer trains help. It was fun to go through a double corkscrew again like Great American Scream Machine had.

Their Great American Scream Machine was another ok ride. I was going to go for a non wheel seat but no one was waiting for the front row and went there instead. For an older wooden coaster, it wasn't that rough.

Justice League was great just like at Great Adventure. It was a little tough to see with the glasses getting fogged up from the mask.

Hanson Cars are the park's antique car ride that are on a hillside over part of the park. This is another ride I wish more parks had since it's a great family ride.

Up, Up and Away a Zamperla Balloon Race. I used to like this ride at Dorney before they removed it around 10 years ago and this version was better with a long ride cycle.

Dahlonega Mine Train was the final coaster of the day. It was fun but I prefer Runaway Mine Train with it's 1 lift hill. This mine train had 3 lift hills and it seemed like every time the ride started to go faster, there was a brake run for another lift hill.

The train was another relaxing ride. Only 1 station was in use so it was a round trip and the narrator was supposed to be an older train that gave a history of the park and mentioned past rides that used to be in the area as the train went past that area.

Since it was a Saturday, the park started to get very crowded at this point and after getting lunch, we had hours of driving and decided to leave.

Six Flags Over Georgia really impressed me. Besides a great collection of both coasters and non coaster rides, the operations were great with fast dispatches and multiple trains running on all the coasters. The ride operators and other employees were very nice and the other guests in the park were nice too. There was no running ahead of others exiting a ride and I didn't see any line cutting. If I ever go back to the Atlanta area, I would like to visit again especially because Mindbender was closed and being a Schwarzkopf fan, it looked like it would have been one of the better rides in the park.

IMG_6926.thumb.JPG.1c20ac12ff764dc80aa1d3885d1d6caa.JPG

IMG_6933.thumb.JPG.f0e14d93afb49eea3343c4a4bf1fabbc.JPG

IMG_6949.thumb.JPG.8f8f1bb1e1f0b7d43634f22e31ac0488.JPG

Photos my sister took:

TRR1.thumb.jpg.942b473780d7244ba5598465c15678b5.jpg

TRR2.thumb.jpg.9570493d4d42a47462e79a7bc9919481.jpg

TRR3.thumb.jpg.68f3e421c4f952d279aa9da5b17adb85.jpg

trr4.thumb.jpg.75eb0c48f0e7905b714b6a302ef835fa.jpg

• Like 2