VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

The Next Ride To Be Removed

gafreak

• 2 months later...
I have a hunch that some of the rides in Looney Tunes Seaport will go. Alot of the rides are really showing their age, and looking pretty "outdated". I think Daffy Diver, Road Runner Railway and the little Boats and Mini Teacups. I could see them getting one of those little laydown "Flying" rides and maybe one of those "Bouncing" Monster Truck Rides. Taz Tornado and the Ballroom still draw pretty good so I think they are safe. But that area has alot more traffic with Wiggles World right next door and compared to that area it really shows it age nowadays. I would love to see one of those monorail type water rides where you can drop water on people underneath you and people on the ground can shoot water up at you. I think Hershey has one and I forget what they are called. That would give that side of the park a water attraction and a much needed new kids ride. *R*

I toatly agree ! it's just one oof those things, you can tell. Sadly I have some kinda instict taht somthing bad is going to hit conga rapids, for some reson.

• 9 months later...

Has anyone heard any rumors as whats in store for the 2010 season? I know thta the super round up has been scheduled for removal in the past, is this the next classic to go? Will we see the return of the bumper cars or musik express? whats your thoughts on this subject now that were in the last half of the season?

• 4 years later...

Since Great Adventure seems to be in the habit of removing all of there great coasters, which coaster would you say is next?

Edited by 29yrswithaGApass
**Merged with existing topic**

KBF.jpg

That looks so cool. It looks very 'Boardwalk. ;)

I know people from a different frame of mind than my own would love to see Rolling Thunder and The Great American Scream Machine done away with because of the pain it causes them. I find them very enjoyable and RT is a reason why I come to the park. I've worked them both and I know they are very reliable rides, unlike some of the park's newer coasters. They also have the best capacity in the park, should people rediscover them (through marketing.) I could be ok if GASM made an exit to make way for another attraction, but I think I would have to be done with the park if RT left.

If anything else leaves, I hope it's not an endearing ride and for whatever reason a ride is removed in the future, I hope it gets a replacement the same season.

I was just going through some of the posts from years past and noticed your strong feelings regarding any possible removal of Rolling Thunder. You mentioned the possibility of being "done with the park if RT left."

Now that it IS leaving, are you done with GA? Just curious because my thoughts are very much in-line with yours regarding Rolling Thunder.

Either Runaway Train or Batman the Ride. It could be a few years but I'll put money down on those.

Doubt it would be RMT. It was the first coaster they ever had. I would say either batman or bizarre, although I would hate for it to be either of those.

SF management has proved over and over nothing is sacred to them. They would have no problem ripping out RMT.

What I am concerned with now is SF may take out RMT, the Fort, and Skyride to retheme the area to better fit with the new Safari tour since their themes clash badly.

SF management has proved over and over nothing is sacred to them. They would have no problem ripping out RMT.

What I am concerned with now is SF may take out RMT, the Fort, and Skyride to retheme the area to better fit with the new Safari tour since their themes clash badly.

That's exactly what I thought. Meanwhile I'm still not sure what the situation is over in the Golden Kingdom...

The Golden Kingdom is a mess. It was supposed to be an Asian theme when it first opened right? With KK as a Bengal tiger, and now you throw in an African themed ride on a Bengal tiger themed ride, some issues there.

The Golden Kingdom is a mess. It was supposed to be an Asian theme when it first opened right? With KK as a Bengal tiger, and now you throw in an African themed ride on a Bengal tiger themed ride, some issues there.

Also cutting GK into two isolated sections by blocking off that main walkway besides the piss poor lighting in that area.

I agree about the Golden Kingdom, it looks awkwardly positioned on the map (and at the park itself) starting near El Toro's turnaround and being squeezed between Plaza del Carnaval and Boardwalk. Plus with the entrance to the section being in Boardwalk it can be rather confusing.

I sincerely hope that doesn't happen anytime soon, the park has many things on their plate that they need to change (Movietown/Old Country, replacing Rolling Thunder, filling the old Safari Discoveries area, the old paintball building, etc.) before touching the fort.

In addition, demolishing the fort would put two important family rides, the Skyride and Runaway Mine Train, at risk. With Skyride being the only in-park transportation, and Runaway Mine Train being the best family coaster in the park now that RT is gone, the loss of these 2 rides would be potentially devastating to the park for families.

I hope they remove the paintball building. It is in the way and really serves no purpose. People will walk through the boardwalk anyway to go on superman, green lantern and to access the golden kingdom. Reopen dreamstreet!!

I agree, the paintball building is one of the remaining problems in the park, either put a ride there (Jumpin' Jack Flash used to be there) or let people walk through. My memory may be slightly off, but when I visited the park last year a security guard even directed my family through the arcade to get from Plaza del Carnaval to the park exit.

Hopefully no rides will be removed over the next few years. The park has had way more than enough ride removals over the past 10 years.

Edited by RC98