VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

The Next Ride To Be Removed

gafreak

I think you're right...after dodging the bullet this year with Flying Wave being removed instead, I think the Round Up's days are numbered, but that could depend on what is coming next season or if another ride suffers more mechanical problems this year.

I have to agree with the thoughs on the Round Up. It caught a big break this season with the removal of the Flying Wave, but I think the park was merely delaying the inevitable. Though I would hope something would go in over there because that area would be kind of bare with the wave and round up gone and only the Bungy attraction still in that general middle section.

I hope they don't remove the parachutes, they are one of my favorite rides at GAdv and it would not be GAdv without the parachute tower in their ride skyline. They were running on July 3rd because I was at HH that day and saw them running from the water slide towers.

Edited by The Master

So much for having all the rides open, after removing so many. The 'chutes were open a few weeks ago but they were closed last weekend. It IS a family ride, so I guess I wouldn't be surprised if it were removed. Having one operator run only one shoot is the dumbest thing I've heard...since the "Visual Check" spiel and no re-rides on only certain rides (NITRO.) Either their needs to be a house cleaning at Six Flags management or Great Adventure. My guess is both.

I stick with "Top Spin" as a ride that needs to go. Musik Express, Autobahn and Houdini are FAR better rides, as is Fantasy Fling. Other parks have these rides and they operate well. If a ride doesn't do what its name implies, it's taking up space. It's like putting floors on Medusa or sit-down trains on S.U.F. Speaking of Medusa and S.U.F., they make great coasters for some of Six Flags' other parks! I read on the St Louis boards that they would love to have a floorless and I always thought S.U.F. would be a better fit at SFNE, what ever it's name. A high capacity dark ride would look sweet on the Boardwalk...or anywhere at Great Adventure!

I REALLY hope the Parachutes stay. If they had to go, I would love to see them retrofit the ride into an observation tower. Knotts used the same tower for both an observation cabin and parachute ride so I am sure it can be done. The views from up there are incredible and this would give them a major new family ride that everyone could enjoy with minimal cost.

We have seen the Parachutes open each time we visited so far this year, but I have to imagine it can be costly to operate them as they get older and older. I hope they don't go either, but if a drop tower were on the horizon to replace them I think I would be satisfied. My guess still remains that Fantasy Fling is fulfilling its final season in the park.

Hey, that's cool, the Knott's observation tower was once the parachute tower. That would be a great family addition should the parachutes days become numbered. It woudl require less operators for allot more guests. It would also use an autospiel...good time for a commercial Mr. Snyder. ;-)

76939863_rzMtE-M.jpg

76939965_W8HmQ-M.jpg

(You can take your camera on an observation tower.)

I hope they remove Fly Me To the Moon, and bring back the Right Stuf and bring back it's theming (knock down ErUPtion)

I agree.

Edited by The Master

I have a hunch that some of the rides in Looney Tunes Seaport will go. Alot of the rides are really showing their age, and looking pretty "outdated". I think Daffy Diver, Road Runner Railway and the little Boats and Mini Teacups. I could see them getting one of those little laydown "Flying" rides and maybe one of those "Bouncing" Monster Truck Rides. Taz Tornado and the Ballroom still draw pretty good so I think they are safe. But that area has alot more traffic with Wiggles World right next door and compared to that area it really shows it age nowadays. I would love to see one of those monorail type water rides where you can drop water on people underneath you and people on the ground can shoot water up at you. I think Hershey has one and I forget what they are called. That would give that side of the park a water attraction and a much needed new kids ride. *R*

Edited by Railer

We have seen the Parachutes open each time we visited so far this year, but I have to imagine it can be costly to operate them as they get older and older. I hope they don't go either, but if a drop tower were on the horizon to replace them I think I would be satisfied. My guess still remains that Fantasy Fling is fulfilling its final season in the park.

I have seen them operate it 1 time this year. I have been to the park 3 times in the past week and working as well and everyday its closed. I dont know why, it could be staffing, which I doubt because I know they are cutting all of our hours because we have to many employees. Im not saying it will go, this is just a speculation. I dont want it to go, I think it would be nice with new paint and maybe Six Flags written on it like SFOT.

EDIT: A quick sum of every ride I think is on its way out.

-Houdini

-Parachutes

-Fantasy Fling

-buccanear-wishful thinking. (my opinion it needs to be torn down and replaced by a better, newer one.)

-Fly me to the moon, BRING BACK SPONGEBOB!

Edited by southview2

• 2 weeks later...
KBF.jpg

That looks so cool. It looks very 'Boardwalk.' ;)

I know people from a different frame of mind than my own would love to see Rolling Thunder and The Great American Scream Machine done away with because of the pain it causes them. I find them very enjoyable and RT is a reason why I come to the park. I've worked them both and I know they are very reliable rides, unlike some of the park's newer coasters. They also have the best capacity in the park, should people rediscover them (through marketing.) I could be ok if GASM made an exit to make way for another attraction, but I think I would have to be done with the park if RT left.

If anything else leaves, I hope it's not an endearing ride and for whatever reason a ride is removed in the future, I hope it gets a replacement the same season.

I don't know if I would go that far. FMTTM doesn't make me want to throw up, which the horrendous smell they spray in Stitch almost made me do last time I rode it :( That was just terrible but I suppose that's what happens when you retrofit rides to be themed to something they are not meant to be.