VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

PTR: Sept. 6, 2021 (Labor Day)

nbadude44

Hey guys! This is my first time going to the park since early April, and since Jersey Devil opened to the public. I was only in the park from about 10-4:30 PM, and even though it was a holiday, the crowds weren't as horrible as I thought. Obviously, my first stop was Jersey Devil, which I was able to go on twice, each with a wait under 10 minutes. I was lucky enough to get the front seat for my 1st ride, and I was put toward the back the 2nd time, which I preferred since it felt smoother. I also got a peak at Lil Devil (the coaster formerly known as Road Runner Railway) and it looks ready to launch for Fright Fest; There's even a train placed in the new station ready to go!

Speaking of which, there's already been a lot of prep work for Fright Fest: many decorations/props are set up in addition to the entrances of several Terror Trails. I doubt that I will personally be able to go to Fright Fest this year (work and Covid precautions and whatnot), so I'm glad I got to see a glimpse of everything. 

Nitro was down for a while at the start of the day, so my mother and I went on Batman The Ride and the Big Wheel together, then I did Wonder Woman and The Joker solo while she rested. The weather was overall pleasant (mid-80s I think), but the sun was certainly a-blazing. Shortly before I boarded Joker, I saw a kid (accompanied by 2 friends) who legitimately passed out from sunstroke.  Like, straight up falling face-first about five feet in front of me. Fortunately, there was a young lady right behind me in line who was an RN, and she helped that guy get back to his senses before the paramedics arrived. I wish I could have helped, but I couldn't call 911 or anything like that because I had to leave my phone (and my other loose articles) in the Joker lockers. God, I hate that policy. Surprisingly, I saw that same guy as I left the park, and he said he was feeling much better.

Eventually, my mother left the park early to beat the heat. I rode Bizarro twice (which had 3 trains, but the slowest ride operators in the entire park), Runaway Train, and Kingda Ka before I left. Also, I made sure to snag one of those awesome CoasterDynamix model kits, specifically the Medusa one. As far as older coaster models, they also had one for Great American Scream Machine too, which I thought was fantastic. All they need now is Rolling Thunder.

Final Ridecount:

Jersey Devil 2x

Bizarro 2x

Ka 1x

Joker 1x

Batman 1x

Wonder Woman 1x

Big Wheel 1x

Photos should be down below: 

Happy Labor Dabor, everyone!

IMG_0606.JPG

IMG_0607.JPG

IMG_0608.JPG

IMG_0609.JPG

IMG_0610.JPG

IMG_0611.JPG

IMG_0612.JPG

IMG_0613.JPG

IMG_0614.JPG

IMG_0616.JPG

IMG_0617.JPG

IMG_0618.JPG

IMG_0619.JPG

IMG_0620.JPG

IMG_0621.JPG

IMG_0622.JPG

IMG_0623.JPG

IMG_0624.JPG

IMG_0625.JPG

IMG_0626.JPG

IMG_0628.JPG

IMG_0630.JPG

IMG_0631.JPG

IMG_0632.JPG

IMG_0633.JPG

IMG_0634.JPG

IMG_0635.JPG

IMG_0636.JPG

IMG_0637.JPG

IMG_0638.JPG

IMG_0639.JPG

IMG_0640.JPG

IMG_0641.JPG

IMG_0643.JPG

IMG_0644.JPG

IMG_0646.JPG

IMG_0647.JPG

IMG_0648.JPG

IMG_0649.JPG

IMG_0650.JPG

IMG_0651.JPG

• Like 4

^ That was a real cobweb. It was on the staircase for Runaway Mine Train, the spider just wasn't home. 

Actually, I've seen intricate cobwebs from spiders at the park multiple times by now. As long as it's not that old inflatable "Spider Of Doom", it's fine by me.

• Like 1