VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Photo Trip Report: Legoland New York Resort - Oct 14, 2021

29yrswithaGApass

A few weeks ago we took a a trip to the Hudson Valley to visit the newly opened Legoland New York Resort.  Having been to the Legoland parks in San Diego and Winter Haven I knew what to expect and anticipated that the New York version would be on the smaller side given it was its first season of operations.  Even though it was smaller than the two other locations, surprisingly it still offered a wide range or rides, and entertainment to keep you busy with a fun day of activities (especially if you are into Lego).  

Built on former farmland, the park spreads out pretty far with what seems like plenty of room for expansion.  Although Legoland parks aren't known for thrill rides, the difference in elevation between the front of the park and the back portion is quite dramatic and would make for an excellent future terrain coaster.  In addition to several kids-only rides, the park offers a handful of rides suitable for the entire family, as well as two dark rides (Lego Factory Adventure Ride (trackless ride) and Lego Ninjago The Ride (target ride)), an extensive Miniland model area, and a 4D theater.  We found the in park food to be much better than the other two locations.

We also spent a night at the Legoland Hotel which offered themed rooms based on some of Lego's most popular brand.  We chose a pirate themed room which came complete with plenty of professional nautical models made of Lego and an in-room treasure hunt.  As far as convenience, the hotel is located steps from the main entrance to the theme park which can't be beat.  We had a great time!

Here are just a handful of photos of the park.

IMG_2031 copy.jpg

IMG_2036 copy.jpg

IMG_2038 copy.jpg

IMG_2043 copy.jpg

IMG_2065 copy.jpg

IMG_2064 copy.jpg

IMG_2063 copy.jpg

IMG_2099 copy.jpg

IMG_2109 copy.jpg

IMG_2146 copy.jpg

IMG_2122 copy.jpg

IMG_2202 copy.jpg

IMG_2181 copy.jpg

IMG_2151 copy.jpg

IMG_2165 copy.jpg

IMG_2168 copy.jpg

IMG_2169 copy.jpg

IMG_2200 copy.jpg

IMG_2053 copy.jpg

IMG_2669 copy.jpg

IMG_2672 copy.jpg

• Like 2

• 29yrswithaGApass changed the title to Photo Trip Report: Legoland New York Resort - Oct 14, 2021

The rides and park look really well themed and detailed. It also looks like the Dragon coaster has a much better layout compared to the Florida version.

I have never been to a Legoland park before but hope to visit the Florida park next year.

• 1 year later...

2022 Update:  

Earlier this month I had the pleasure of revisiting LEGOLAND for the second season.  The park was decorated for Christmas which made it even more enjoyable.  

B00D9E1A-236B-4058-A406-96BB5B0207A1.jpeg

E4658EF1-185B-41CE-99A0-7BE3160D852B.jpeg

It seems the park must have gotten a late start on their new splash area as it has been pushed back from new for 2022 to 2023.  

AB523851-E34F-4062-8EC5-114F0AB089D8.jpeg

The only other addition was a new staircase connecting the upper section and lower section near Miniland. The elevation change in this park is quite extreme.  A new plaza area with restrooms and snacks is also a part of this new hub.  

7527D3FE-A3CB-48C0-B204-9204F8B9BEDC.jpeg

This time we stayed in a Knights themed room which was a lot of fun.  Check out LEGOLAND if you get a chance, especially if you are a fan of their building blocks and kits. 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Legoland 2023 Update:

I made my annual pilgrimage to Legoland in NY yesterday.  It was a great trip even with frequent downpours.  I was happy to see the new Water Playground was completed.  In Miniland several new LEGO creations were nestled amongst the displays and numerous pathway improvements and new staircases made exploring easier.  The biggest surprise was seeing a new swing ship ride being added to the water themed portion of LEGO City.  The ride's boat is a freighter ship which is quite unique.  I haven't seen any mention of this new ride anywhere so it was a welcomed sight.

Here are some photos:

IMG_5222.jpg

IMG_5224.jpg

IMG_5243.jpg

IMG_5225.jpg

IMG_5230.jpg

IMG_5231.jpg

IMG_5227.jpg

IMG_5229.jpg

IMG_5232.jpg

IMG_5248.jpg

IMG_5249.jpg