VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Skyride Possible Capacity Increase

Maddox121

According to the Von Roll Skyride experts:
"Most of Georgia parts went to Great Adventure. Some 34 cabins, grips, arms, spare tower batterys, dispatchers, controls"

Now, how many of those cabins can be added I'm not sure. They were only running about 10 on the SFOG Skyride, so many may only be used for parts. Then it comes down to how much time/man power can be used by the Maintenance team to get more running. They have limits and coasters and other rides are priority versus getting more cars running on the Skyway. 

• 11 months later...

I know I might be a bit late but the SOP required an additional position to pick up (a seperate "catcher", unloader, and loader) when the number of gondolas exceeded a certain amount (I believe it was over 20).

When I operated the attraction, in the rare instances that we had over 20 gondolas to operate, we were not given the budget to pick up the additional position and run them. 

Given the current staffing issues, I think it is unlikely we'll ever see them run anything close to what you would see back in the day. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...