VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Cedar Fair Launches Corporate Partnership Program

GAcoaster

Press Release from Cedar Fair:

Cedar Fair Launches Corporate Partnership Program

Monday July 21, 11:00 am ET

SANDUSKY, Ohio, July 21 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Cedar Fair Entertainment Company (NYSE: FUN - News), a leader in regional amusement parks, water parks and active entertainment, today announced its hiring of The Kempton Group (TKG) to market and sell partnerships for its 18 North American parks.

"Partnership Marketing is a growth segment for our business," said Jack Falfas, Chief Operating Officer. "We reach more than 22 million consumers who represent an attractive market to many brands around the world. In tandem with TKG, we will build ideas and programs that will deliver value to many business segments."

The growing "out-of-home," alternative media channels that Cedar Fair parks offer will allow consumer brands and service companies to get face to face with a diverse audience driven by young people ages 12-24 and families 25-49. Cedar Point, its flagship property in Sandusky, Ohio, has been named the best amusement park in the world for the last ten years. Knott's Berry Farm, America's first theme park, has been a staple in the Los Angeles area since 1928.

"We have admired Cedar Fair's parks for some time," said Tom Kempton, President of TKG. "They are leaders in the amusement park industry. We believe it is a logical fit for TKG in that we have a substantial background in developing partnerships and media packages for theme parks, sports properties, lodging and leisure time attractions."

Kempton said that programs will range from fully integrated national partnerships to regional and property specific relationships. "A-la-carte" in-park signage and internet advertising packages will be available to companies as well. In 2007, Cedar Fair entertained more than 22 million guests and received 51 million unique visitors to its websites.

"These are huge numbers that jump off the page," said Kempton. "Cedar Fair offers marketers the valuable opportunity to cut through the clutter, engage park guests through communication and experience, and do so in an exclusive, competition-free environment."

TKG, a Cincinnati based marketing firm formed in 1986, specializes in strategic alliances, partnership marketing and event sponsorship.

So, Cedar Fair is following Six Flags lead on this...interesting.

Despite my annoyance towards all this "in your face" advertising at the parks; I must concede it's an easy revenue stream with little overhead. I kinda wish SIX and FUN limited the pervasive ads to ride sponsorships; but I do realize that it's a tough sell in today's market. Here's an idea. Toss some monitors or billboards by the lockers. Print the ad logo on the ticket. Let THAT revenue cover that stupid $1 fee.

It's a case of WWSFD?

You mean FUN is also going badmouth the "old management", and issue the same, lame excuses for their lousy financial performance? You can bet PKS would have staved off the takeover had the hedge funds saw the spiraling stock price, falling attendance, and no forecast to profitability under RedZone. Where are my dividend payments Mark? :001_tt2:

Edited by Thunderbolt