VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

8/3 Photo Trip Report

JetsDevs4Lyf

So we decided to take a nice little early visit to the park today. Arrived around 11am and the park was just beginning to feel the swell fo the crowds. We headed for the Army Experience first which was pretty cool overall. I got to be the lead turret on one of the Humvees which I fouond great, and I think its an interesting little way to show off some military vehicles and combat simulation. After this we headed to Skull Mountain for a nice little ride which we walked right on to. More strobes than last time lit up as we passed so I think the timing on some of them may have been fine tuned a bit. After SM we decided to check out the line for Nitro. Shockingly for the amount of people, we walked right up the stairwell and onto the second train to arrive in the station. As always the ride was fabulous and the best of the day. We followed Nitro up with a refreshing ride on Congo Rapids which was fun. I did miss the waterfall as we passed by and saw it dry, so hopefully that si fixed for next season. Once again the lines were short that we had a maybe 10 minute wait for this. Following Congo Rapids, we were in the nautical mood, so we took in the "Flippers N' Fins" show in the dolphin arena. The show is designed to give you a look at how certain behaviors are learend by the dolphins, and compared to the "Shiver Me Flippers" show this was more educational and also just a different experience. I highly recommend that anyone who can check it out. After the dolphin show we went over for a ride on the Runaway Mine Train which was running nice and smooth. This was followed up by a pass on The Scream Machine and a stop at Best of the West for a quick snack before we headed back accross the park. Unfortunately we did not get on the Sky Ride, Big Wheel, or Dark Knight because the lines were quite long today and we figured we would hit them up another day. Overall a great day at the park as usual, with the day being festive and full of life. We even happened upon Mr. Kane taking in some of the Live and Local band performances, and looking like he was enjoying himself so always nice to see him out and about in the park :) I will leave you guys off a few pictures for the day, the rest can be found in my album :)

gallery_80_264_1053758.jpg

Almost everything open today!

gallery_80_264_167115.jpg

It's a B-E-A-Utiful day!

gallery_80_264_1189023.jpg

Aren't I cute?

gallery_80_264_88365.jpg

Fright Fest is Coming!!!

gallery_80_264_913081.jpg

Everybody Scream :)

gallery_80_264_1314300.jpg

The Gang's All Here!

Glad you guys enjoyed that as much as we did. They were all over the place out back of Best of the West and we stayed there and just watched them for probably about a half hour or so. More and more just kept coming and going and we coudln't help but get a couple of pictures of them. Certainly am glad to see that you guys enjoyed that as much as we did. The wildlife within the park (excluding the Safari obviously) really can be pretty interesting to just sit back and watch interact with guests or just by themselves smile.gif

If you go to that spot to take a pic. of the Turtles, you kinda have to sneak up on em'. If you run right up to the fence alot of them will jump in the water. I always just zoom in on em' with my camera. The Turtle tip of the day. :D

Good point. My girlfriend has three and I have one auatic turtles, so we are rather fond of them. It's just nice to see them out in the wild like that, and we certainly got a kick out of the line-up they were in the midst of. Trust me though when they are full on basking, it takes a lot to get them to move sometimes.