VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Photo Trip Report: September 7, 2008

29yrswithaGApass

Here is a handfull of photos from this past Sunday.

The Golden Kingdom has grown in nicely around the Temple of the Tiger.

gallery_2_28_53175.jpg

With this weekend's expected storm some of the umbrellas were removed from around the park.

gallery_2_28_138186.jpg

Promoting some of the fall activities:

gallery_2_28_227519.jpg

Once upon a time there was a haunted trail out there... maybe this year?

gallery_2_28_311272.jpg

The Log Flume was open even though we are beyond Labor Day....

gallery_2_28_155564.jpg

and it was VERY popular.

gallery_2_28_359088.jpg

Meanwhile Congo Rapids was closed as scheduled.

gallery_2_28_302059.jpg

The Splash Oasis was closed but then it opened.

gallery_2_28_152635.jpg

The Big Wheel was still up and running. We should expect the stage for Dead Man's Party any weekend now unless it moves over to the Stunt Arena.

gallery_2_28_224234.jpg

As usual these have been added to my trip gallery - 29yrswithaGApass Visits .

Nice shot's as always Harry. Do you think they will set up Dead Man's Party where the Army Expierience was? That spot does have more room to offer than by the Wheel. And I'm sure they still have power lines running by the old Fenced in que. Although the Wheel is a great Backdrop for the Stage, it does clog the path's up pretty bad over there.

And with Seaport being closed at 8, do you think they could have the Walkthru que go through there, instead of the Smoking Section next to Congo.

They actually hang all the overhead lighting and effects to the wheel so they would need some upright structures in addition to an elevated stage. The Stunt Arena would be ideal as it is in a remote location and the size of the venue just seems like the perfect size for the show.

Last year Looney Tunes Seaport was closed (both day and night) during Fright Fest and I can see that area being blocked off again and not used until next Spring. The long walkway leading back to the Koala Kanyon restrooms along with Congo Rapids queue in reverse (both the snake and switchbacks) would be a great start towards managing the crowds waiting for the walk-thru.

Nice report Harry. Did you take one more ride on the wheel before it will probably close for the season as the stage goes up while you were there? One of my missions in our last visit was to visit the rides that usually see very limited if any action during the FF season like the skyride due to blustery days and the Big Wheel because of DMP.

The park was fairly empty this past Sunday which was surprising considering the weather was so nice and that Saturday was a washout. Don't forget the park is closed to the public this coming Saturday (for the Pfizer event) so that may mean that regulars and locals will all gang up on Sunday. Even so, the days between Labor Day and Fright Fest are usually very manageable. Have fun!

I too was at the park and what a perfect day to visit! The weather was beautiful and as Harry mentioned the crowds were extremely manageable. The longest wait I had all day was 15 minutes for El Toro. I walked right up to the train for Kingda Ka which was running all four trains. Even the skyride only had a 10 minute wait.

Pete