VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 5 - 2018: Full-Season of Shows in Showcase Theatre

DAY05.jpg

Quality shows are very popular at Great Adventure.  One only has to check out the packed performances at the Showcase Theatre during Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park to see this is the type of things guests want.  Adding a show during the main part of the season from Memorial Day to Labor Day would offer an element of entertainment that has been lacking at the park for over ten years.  Having an air-conditioned venue for guests to relax and rejuvenate themselves would also go a long way in improving guests satisfaction.  This type of experience should be a given for a park as big as Great Adventure.

• 29yrswithaGApass changed the title to Day 5 - 2018: Full-Season of Shows in Showcase Theatre
On 12/5/2018 at 9:36 AM, ThemeParkRider said:

I think shows would do very well. Even Six Flags America had some decent shows going on there. Nothing too elaborate, and definitely cheesy, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a good time. 

That LOL show (Which was a knockoff Whose Line) Sounded awesome. Why didn’t they put that show everywhere?

With most parks now having some sort of year-round operating schedule(even if on a limited basis),Great Adv. should start utilizing the Showcase Theater regularly.One idea they could use is some sort of show that uses audience participation as part of the action:some shows that I've seen like the Hypnosteria show during Fright Fest were fun because you never really knew how some people would react. 

My university actually had a magician, a hypnosis act, and a mentalist three days in almost a row at the beginning of the semester. I think that the mentalist is actually a really good fit for the park. It is entertaining, the act could vary depending on what the mentalist figures out from the people and it is hysterical and freaky at the same time. A magician like Brad Ross would be cool too but I think Hypnosteria is a little too out there for general viewing audiences and should be reserved for Fright Fest if they ever brought it back.