VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 8- Improve Season Pass Entry Process/Perks

i asked guest relations this question a bunch of times this past season, and every time they said they were working on a solution, but never did anything., you would think that upper management would visit other parks to see how other parks run things, even just to take some ideas. SFGadv whole entry procedure is one big mess

Edited by jdc12192
language

^true.

Remind me again, how does this 2014 calendar thing work? How do you come up with each day/wish?

We just look at all the things we'd like to see happen for the park whether it is an improvement or a change or something new in the future. Luckily we've actually seen a few come true!

I liked the setup during 2013 Fright Fest for the Premium Passholders. The park entrances for Premium Passholders opened at 5:20 with no rope drop and it allowed you to be one of the first people in the park. They then opened up the rest of the entrances at 5:30 for everyone else. The problem seemed to be that the lines to get into the park backed up past the ticket sales booths and it took too long for non passholders to be able to enter.

We just look at all the things we'd like to see happen for the park whether it is an improvement or a change or something new in the future. Luckily we've actually seen a few come true!

So does the park actually look at this list to decide some of the changes to make in the park? Or is it just coincidence? Either way it's cool that some of them come true :)

So far the one I most want to see is the redo of Movietown. This day's one would be good too for when I'm eventually old enough to buy myself a season pass.

We have heard (firsthand) that they do tune into this and we would like to think that some of the improvements are more than just coincidences and that we may have sparked a few ideas. That is why we try to mix up the scope of the suggestions and not make every day a major capital investment. While some of those have come true, there has been a lot more movement on the smaller ideas and changes in park policies and offerings.

• 3 weeks later...

That's more about security staffing and the training they're equipped with. Cedar Fair parks do this a lot better; Paramount parks did an excellent job, with stern, clearly communicated rules for rope drop that were actually enforced. If they cared, GAdv could just the same -- just look at the smoking ban as an example of their capability.

What I do when the park has a rope drop opening is hang back and go the opposite way the bulk of the crowds goes. Most of the rope drop stampede heads to the left towards KK. Even with 5 security guards leading the stampede to KK, all they can do is slow it down barely. The path to KK expands and contracts several times so people in the back of the crowd will run up the sides in a wide part and force themselves in near the front of the crowd when the path narrows down again. The guards do nothing to control that, all they do is stop people from running ahead of them. People will run on top of planters, benches, tables, etc to get right behind the security guards at the front, "bending the rules". Fights and arguments often break out with so much cutting in by such aggressive people. Then there is the fun part when a 20 to 30 people wide crowd has to funnel down to 1 by 1 at the entrance of KK's queue, this is where the worst fights can break out. I have seen people form human chains to force other people out of the way there. During the whole time the stampede marches from the rope drop to KK, everyone is constantly being bumped and becoming really agitated by the end of the march. By the end the people are really angry and hyper. No ride or park is worth that kind of a mess, so I just go the opposite way and go on other rides, if I miss KK then so be it. It is not worth being in that stampede mess with a bunch of obnoxious, aggressive, dirty, and agitated a-holes jockeying to be at the front.

Then last year (2013), when the park let SPs in 10 min eary, I calmly walked to KK, with no one else in sight. I didn't even plan on ridinng KK on that trip but being one of the few SPs let in early, and the only one not getting a locker, I took the rare opportunity and ended up being first in line without effort. The total opposite of the usually mess at opening for KK. Even afterward the crowds of people going to KK where not chaotic like normal. So I think it is better to let people in the park slowly rather than build up a big rush.

Edited by The Master

• 2 weeks later...

I miss this feature as well; there are definitely enough season passes to justify a dedicated entrance and it really does seem to expedite everything. I would also like to see a more efficient way of getting season pass holders into the parking lot. All too often in past years I've had to wait longer in the season parking line (longer than I would have in a regular line) because people would queue up at it with the intent of purchasing it for use with their pass. I'm not quite sure how the park could stress that the line is meant for people who already have parking on their passes, and of course it wouldn't prevent the problem entirely, but surely there must be some way to get the point across.

^^^^ to get into the parking lot is a simple fix for the park. they dodt even need extra employees to staff it. they need 2-3 self service lines. you pull up to the gate. scan your pass, gate opens. real simple. self serviced parking garages have been doing it for yrs. and it works.

they can even use it at the park entrance to. scan your pass at a self service gate, and the turnstyle unlocks. the path, nyc subway has been self servce gates for yrs. and the park doesn't need employees for this, they can have them staffing rides and food stands better.

^^^^ to get into the parking lot is a simple fix for the park. they don't even need extra employees to staff it. they need 2-3 self service lines. you pull up to the gate. scan your pass, gate opens. real simple. self serviced parking garages have been doing it for yrs. and it works.

They have tried that and stupid guests always get in the wrong line, requiring someone to come out of a booth and deal with them stopping/slowing down TWO lanes.