VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Holiday In The Park Coming To Six Flags Great Adventure for 2009?

GAcoaster

It was only a few years ago that the calendar did extend into November as they held the Boy Scout rally days during the first weekend in November which I attended. Not everything was open, but the park made a great effort to get as many rides open for all of the scouts, even if admission was only just a can of food!

As for a holiday in the park event, I'd like to see them make an attempt at it, as you could really decorate Main Street very nicely in lights and sell some nice merchandise in the Shoppe and have a few of the rides such as Skull Mountain open. I think they should test it out.

The first year the park was open it was open until the end of November.

I just can't imagine going for a regular operating day when it's this cold out. Holiday in the park with limited rides and more cold weather oriented stuff, yes, but riding Nitro or something in this weather would be a bit much!

Now if only Busch Gardens Williamsburg would start doing a Christmas event! That's the PERFECT park for one!

Oh wow! I really hope they do it here. And Skully can operate just fine in this weather...as can all flat rides. I just hope it does happen.

-Dainan "If they operate Ka, it would be uber rollbacks" Rafferty

I would much prefer it to be at SFNE due to the better proximity to me, and they might prefer it there because it has been considered one of the "model parks" of the chain.

Edited by redsoxfan0810

Winter Lights REALLY made the off-season go faster! :)

Of course it could be SFNE or The Great Escape that are doing it. Great Escape might be logical since they have the hotel, and they are in a winter destination area, but I'm not sure how much snow they get, and snow removal could be a problem for holding an even like this.

I would love to see Holiday in the Park come to Great Adventure next year, with the location right near New York & Philadelphia, it could attract MANY families to the park for this event.

As for the park extending into November, that also would be great as well! I would hope that they consider opening the park next year on the Thursday & Friday during the week of election day due to the fact that all (or most) of the schools are closed in NJ due to the teacher conventions and stuff. It probably would make more money for the park if open those two days. But if the park was just open during a few weekends in November, that would also be great too!

I remember Winter Lights! I used to go and stare in amazement as the millions-upon-millions of lights passed by our car! I also remember the sound of the person talking over our car radio informing us about the Winter Lights Spectactular. And at the end, I remember sipping hot chocolate and walking through the corn maze around the entrance. Then one year, being the caoster lover and a long time ACE mamber, I stared endlessly at the construction trucks and track peices in the parking lot while Superman was being built. That year, a good friend of mine who is in Adminastration, showed us the park at night, when almost every loght was out and nobody was around! He even got one of the guys in Ride Management to key Nitro on so we could ride it! And they needed more than one person to hold down the disbatch buttion, so me and my friends took turns riding, then holding our arms up with our thumbs up, pressing the advance button! <And I was only twelve!!! I am so suprised he didnt get fired!!!

I remember Winter Lights! I used to go and stare in amazement as the millions-upon-millions of lights passed by our car! I also remember the sound of the person talking over our car radio informing us about the Winter Lights Spectactular. And at the end, I remember sipping hot chocolate and walking through the corn maze around the entrance. Then one year, being the caoster lover and a long time ACE mamber, I stared endlessly at the construction trucks and track peices in the parking lot while Superman was being built. That year, a good friend of mine who is in Adminastration, showed us the park at night, when almost every loght was out and nobody was around! He even got one of the guys in Ride Management to key Nitro on so we could ride it! And they needed more than one person to hold down the disbatch buttion, so me and my friends took turns riding, then holding our arms up with our thumbs up, pressing the advance button! <And I was only twelve!!! I am so suprised he didnt get fired!!!

The announcements in Fort Independence (Aqua Spectacle) for the Dolphin Discovery show were recorded by the same lady who did the "Happy Holidays and Welcome to Winter Lights - A Drive Thru Adventure" blurbs that was broadcasted over car radios. I want to hear her in my car again. :(

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So it looks like we won't see Holiday in the Park this season...it's going to debut in Great Escape for 2008.

I think 2009 could be the season for Great Adventure to bring back a holiday event. Maybe we'll get some hints on the upcoming conference call...