VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Spooky Movies

Friday The 13th. The first one. That scared the hell out of me because I saw the movie then had to go camping for a school trip..... at the same campground where they filmed the movie.

Not one kid in our cabin slept the entire weekend.

Friday The 13th scared the crap outta me then. Today I laugh at it.

When I was about 6 I was terrified of E.T. My grandparents got me an E.T. stuffed doll which wound up under the bed and from then on E.T. lived under my bed. I would have to jump off my bed to prevent E.T. from grabbing me.

I have grown out of that and love horror movies now. My favorites are ones that get into your head and mess you up, like the first 2 Saw movies. My all time favorite classic horror movie is the entire Evil Dead series.

The scariest movie for me when I was younger was Salem's Lot. The film was made for television and I remember watching thinking "this thing is going to keep me up at for several nights". The creepiest scene for me was when one of the boys in the movie dies and comes back to his friends as a vampire, tapping on the window for him to let him in. I was terrified thinking I would soon get a visitor too.

The movie was on TV not to long ago and I watched it again. Although I didn't find it nearly as scary, the kids face and the window tapping still was really creepy.

SalemsLot8.jpg

SalemsLot3.jpg

Do crapy horror movies also count? If so then Manos: the Hands of Fate which is so awlful it is a horror LOL. Also Boggy Creek Creature 2, the real horror isn't the creature but a hillbilly side character.