VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags and Baynum Painting Inc. Announce Two-Year Partnership

GAcoaster

Press Release From Six Flags:

Six Flags and Baynum Painting Inc. Announce Two-Year Partnership

Monday November 12, 9:00 am ET

Baynum Painting Inc. named the official ride painter of Six Flags

NEW YORK, Nov. 12 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Six Flags, Inc. (NYSE: SIX - News) announced today a two-year partnership under which Baynum Painting Inc., a world-class painting corporation for amusement parks, will become a Six Flags partner and the official ride painter of all Six Flags properties throughout the U.S.

Throughout this partnership, Six Flags parks will utilize Baynum Painting Inc. for new projects and the companies will collaborate on a variety of innovative in-park marketing and promotional initiatives including the use of signage highlighting attractions painted by Baynum Painting Inc. and online advertisements on the official Six Flags website.

"Baynum Painting Inc. is a well-known and respected brand in the theme park industry," said Jeff Portugal, Six Flags vice president of corporate alliances. "Both Six Flags and Baynum Painting will benefit from this agreement. Among other things, it will mean competitive pricing on future projects for us and brand identification with the world's largest regional theme park company for Baynum. We look forward to a great partnership."

About Baynum Painting Inc.

Operating out of Covington KY, Baynum Painting Inc. has been delivering painting solutions for amusement parks for more than 25 years. Having painted hundreds of coasters, towers, slides and other amusement park structures across the globe, Baynum Painting's unique expertise has set the standard throughout the industry.

About Six Flags, Inc.

Six Flags, Inc., founded in 1961, is the world's largest regional theme park company. Six Flags, Inc. is a publicly-traded corporation (NYSE: SIX - News) headquartered in New York City.

While I think this is great if it means that rides that really need it can now get a fresh coat of paint, I'm not quite sure what's in this deal for Baynum. Is there that much demand for ride painting that having signs in parks saying "This ride was painted by Baynum Painting" will help sell their services?

Maybe they do more stuff that's hard to paint like buildings and watertowers or something, but I can't imagine even that would be something that advertising to theme park guests would be effective... :hmm:

Press Release From Six Flags:

While I think this is great if it means that rides that really need it can now get a fresh coat of paint, I'm not quite sure what's in this deal for Baynum. Is there that much demand for ride painting that having signs in parks saying "This ride was painted by Baynum Painting" will help sell their services?

Maybe they do more stuff that's hard to paint like buildings and watertowers or something, but I can't imagine even that would be something that advertising to theme park guests would be effective... :hmm:

Their web pages says they also paint buildings both interior and exterior, but it seems like it's all commercial work. I agree, I don't know how many "average visitors" will pursue a deal with Baynum.

I like their logo with the coaster track worked in. Baynum Painting's Homepage :Z4:

I hope the Big Wheel is somewhere on their list of Things To Do.