VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 12 - "Maintain The Fort"

The building itself is a steel and concrete structure, so really it just needs cosmetic work. The wooden sheathing just needs some repairs and paint with some repairs to the catwalks. It wouldn't take much to fix things up, just some time and (more importantly and in less supply) money.

From the beginning, I always wished that the fort would've been open to the public. With a little stair climbing (and maybe an elevator for the handicapped), imagine what a nice view and different perspective you could get from the top. Maybe this idea was even in the initial plans, since in the picture you can see folks waving from the two towers and the walkway that connects them.

I do love these mystical drawings that the park created. The fort would've had to of been double the size it is now for RMT to be that high whilst passing the fort :D

I completely agree that the park should invest in maintaining the appearance of this classic fort structure as it truly unique, and like GAcoaster mentioned, only the exterior wooden features would need to be upgraded. That is assuming the steel structure itself is intact, since this is the same structure used to support the Sky Ride.

Edited by Flyin Phil

• 1 month later...

Agreed. I think many of us realized the importance of these structures with the sudden departure of the Teepee before the beginning of last season. I remember many comments about how it was odd to start the season not seeing it as you headed to and from Medusa. I think that if the Fort were to go it would be even more of a shock to people in the park. While the money might not be there to give it a full go right now, I think that anything they could put towards it each year would go a long way until that extra capital comes through.