VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Day 21- Theme the Recycling Stations Around the Park

Day 21- Theme the recycling stations in the park:

ThemeRecycleBins.jpg

The park has always been a leader in recycling efforts. In fact Disney came to the park in the late 80's to study their efforts as they were trying to implement their own system. The new recycling centers in the park are a great idea, but they are kind of an eyesore. How about building some sort of enclosures to make them look less like trash cans on the side of the road?

I would assume by grouping them they get noticed. I guess we wouldn't have taken note and included them here if they were all over the park like the regular cans. I know they want to make a statement and have people recognize that they have "gone green" but as mentioned, some of the chosen locations make them more of an eyesore than anything else. It reminds me of my street on recycling day!

• 3 months later...

I actually found the bottle looking recylcing bins to be pretty nifty, and it's pretty tough to mistake them for regular grabage bins while walking around the park. Hopefully everyone makes use of them during the summer. I can only imagine the insane amount of recycling the park does during the operating season.