VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New Show Lineup for 2009

29yrswithaGApass

There is a hint of one of Great Adventure's new shows for 2009 on their site:

Karaoke Show Host: Host a fun, new karaoke show. Strong showmanship and improvisational skills needed and singing ability preferred. Come ready to read a script and prepare no more than 45 seconds of a song of your choice. Bring CD or sing a cappella. $10/hr.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

More details have been added about the shows for 2009:

Looney Tunes Talent Show:

Join competition finalists Bugs Bunny, Sylvester, Tweety and Daffy as they compete to see who is the most talented Looney Tunes character in America! This fun and fast-paced show features great pop songs and everyone’s favorite characters. Kids can meet-and-greet the stars after the show. Location: Bugs Bunny National Park, Bugs Bunny Wilderness Theater.

Dolphin Discovery Shiver Me Flippers:

Join Captain Kelp and his merry band of pirates including Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphins and California Sea Lions for this high seas ’mis’adventure.

Dolphin Discovery- FLIPPERS & FINS - Behind The Behaviors:

Take a behind-the-scenes look at how we train our amazing marine mammals. This educational show highlights animal characteristics and the special training techniques behind "Shiver Me Flippers."

Get Ready to Wiggle:

Visit Wiggles World for a dance party filled with sing-along fun featuring all your favorite Wiggles Friends - Wags the Dog, Henry the Octopus, Captain Feathersword and Dorothy the Dinosaur!

Glow in the Park Nighttime Parade:

Beginning Memorial Day weekend, bask in the glow of custom-designed floats that illuminate the night in this uniquely-themed parade produced by renowned Gary Goddard Entertainment and Six Flags. Watch in awe as drummers, puppeteers, singers, dancers and acrobats create an unparalleled nighttime fantasyland of sound, light and motion. The Glow in the Park Parade features the latest parade technology and special effects, and every element will be adorned with thousand of sparkling lights. The parade will bring the park streets to life as dramatic, state-of-the-art floats attract and fascinate guests with the sounds of cirque-style music. 2009 will feature a new finale float with a distinctly Six Flags theme.

Justice League Superheroes:

Come see face to face with some of your favorite DC COMICS JUSTICE LEAGUE SUPER HEROES as they greet fans and pose for photos throughout the day.

Saturday Night Lights:

Six Flags Great Adventure will debut one of the most dynamic, astounding fireworks series in the company’s history with “Saturday Night Lights”. This dazzling spectacle will feature pounding decades of popular rock music, with a special nod to New Jersey favorites. The production will run every Saturday, beginning July 4 and culminating September 5.

Street Entertainment:

Throughout the park, encounter the talents of our street performers who make lasting memories through music, song, percussion, comedy and more! New in 2009, the lovable Mr. Six!

Temple of the Tiger- Bengal Bios:

Visit the Temple of the Tiger outdoor habitat to learn first-hand about each of our amazing Bengal tigers and catch some tiger demonstrations from our trainers.

Temple of the Tiger- TEAM TIGER - Elements & Training of a Super Predator:

Get an inside look at how TEAM TIGER lives and works together with these extraordinary, endangered animals to help secure the future of their species. This energetic production features awe-inspiring Bengal tigers displaying natural behaviors such as jumping, climbing and swimming, and conveys the importance of conservation to preserve this endangered species in the wild.

I was kind of hoping for a new theme to the dolphin show only because the pirate theme has been around for a few years now, and while it is still a fun show to see overall, a different atmosphere to the show would give it that slightly fresher feel. The dolphins are still awesome though.

A new distinctively Six FLags themed float. One guess-Mr.Six. Also, does that mean little shows like the one, I forget what it's called, that was where turbo bungy used to be won't come back this year?

Not necessarily. If you see the line by street performers they list multiple types of things they will be doing, so small shows of sorts may still happen, but the park my simply be encompassing all of the non-major shows into a category like that. Could also be something like last year they listed things like the performer who was supposed to be like the living vine thing (I can't for the life of me remember the official name" and I don't think anyone on any trip to the park actually saw it. So that could also be a way to cover for any performances that do or do not take place on a given day.

Having BOTH the Glow in the Park Parade AND Saturday Night Lights Fireworks - I am all set !!! :breakdance:

It's starting to remind me of Disney, since Disney has such a punch to "night time" entertainment. I'm just glad to be able to go into the Grandstand more than once this season though, but ten still isn't enoguh. Are you sure that there isn't a new stunt show, ski show, and showcase theater show you somehow forgot to post?

• 1 month later...
Looney Tunes Talent Show:

Join competition finalists Bugs Bunny, Sylvester, Tweety and Daffy as they compete to see who is the most talented Looney Tunes character in America! This fun and fast-paced show features great pop songs and everyone's favorite characters. Kids can meet-and-greet the stars after the show. Location: Bugs Bunny National Park, Bugs Bunny Wilderness Theater.

My brother is in this! I don't really know much else about what it entails, other than what's listed here, but he seems excited about it. So look for him on Saturday!! I'm pretty sure he's "hosting" the show, or emcee-ing - whatever you wanna call it. I'm hoping to make it to the park then, but I don't know if my season pass will be ready by then. Hope so! Othewise I'll have to turn here for some updates on what's new and exciting at the park that we don't already know about.