VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Passholder Tracking For Big Discounts?

Railer

Screamscape is reporting that Six Flags is considering giving discount's for frequent users of Season Passes. You would recieve coupons via E-Mail based on your number of park visits. The article also states that they are also considering "tracking" your purchases in the park's and giving discount's based on your spending habit's. I think this is a good idea personally, mainly because I usually go GA at least once a week and would benefit from such a program. But another point of view brought up by Screamscape is how would you feel with Mr.Six acting like "Big Brother"?

I don't think I would mind having them keep track of how many times I use my pass during the season, as that is afterall te whole point of my having a pass to visit often. By the same token I can say I would not want them tracking ym spending habits through the park as there is no need for them to know when I am or am not spending money, nor what I am spending money on when i do break the wallet out.

I like the part about rewards for riding more. Since I usually average 15 - 20 rides or so a trip, I probably go on more rides than the average visitor. The only problem I see with it is either re-rides not being allowed anymore or not having re-rides if you want to get proper credit for all your rides. I guess riding Nitro 6 times in a row without leaving the train or Superman 5 times in a row would only count as 1 ride each.

I wish there would have been a chance to explain why you selected the answers you chose. When it asked about rides for everyone or a balance of rides (I took it last night and forgot the exact wording), I chose strongly disagree and would have liked to have said, that I feel there is a huge lack of family rides. Same thing with the survey they asked me to take on Family Fall Fun Night last year. They asked if I think they should focus on kiddie rides or thrill rides. Nothing for family rides.

Edited by Yoshi

It is interesting that this program would encourage season pass holders to ride the rides. I would think they wouldn't want us in line making wait times longer and slowing down day guests by having to wait in longer lines. That would make them have less time for eating and shopping.

They can track me all they want when I'm at Six Flags if they are willing to throw me some discounts on food, re-new my season pass for next year or some exit passes. Heck I'll carry a GPS in my pocket if they want when I'm at the park.

Edited by rcji

I would want something like they are talking about offering, I just want to have the ability to select what bonus or discount I would receive and not something seemingly random.

If the park was to track our activities at the park and send us coupons based on our habits, they are likely to send us coupons for activities we don't participate in. Marketing's thoughts are win/win. If we use the coupons, they generate income from someone who they normally wouldn't and If we don't use the coupon they don't lose out on their profit markup on the product with a discount to us.

I don't know about you, but I have never used those coupons you get at the checkout at Shop Rite, nor do I ever buy the products they are for.

If the Season Pass coupon book is an example of what our rewards are I'd say we are in for disappointment. Now that I think of it, this may be a ploy to eliminate the Season Pass Coupon book entirely.