VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Old Fire Truck by Nitro.

The Master

I am sure I'am not the only one who notices the old fire truck sitting by the edge of the woods close to Nitro's tracks. I am guessing this was one of GAdv"s own fire trucks, was it one of the trucks that responded to the haunted castle fire? It seems like it was parked there, abandoned, and left to rust there, if that is the case then it is a shame and a waste.

Edited by The Master

I always notice that! Right after the Hammerhead turn, either before or after the following hill, I forget, there is an old fire truck parked at the edge of the woods. It has old wooden panels, an old worn out hose, and a rusting red paint job. It's really cool to see!

And while we're on the subject of things by Nitro, does anyone ever notice the grazing deer in the morning? I'll never forget seeing them in the middle of the helix. It was so cool to watch them graze unphased!

One of our members who is also a fan of rescue/fire fighting equipment sent us this over a year ago:

I'd love to have the old SFGAdv fire truck that sits beneath Nitro. The fire truck under Nitro is an International and I believe this to be a truck that was used at the park, however I have not confirmed this yet. I have pictures from a firefighter's trade magazine which covered the haunted house fire in 1984, and this appears to be the same truck in the photos. I would say the truck under Nitro is a mid 60's or early 70's model.

^Cool, thanks for quoting that here, didn't know someone else talked about it. That truck has some history then which really makes it a shame that the park is just letting it rust away outside like that. I am sure there are people who would like to buy and restore that fire truck. I have also spotted deer around Nitro, and even employees playing football close to the helix!

Edited by The Master

This is really cool; I've never noticed it before! I'll be sure to be on the lookout for it the next time I go on Nitro. I usually concentrate on the ride and only look around when I've gone on it quite a few times that day. I've never noticed the deer, but then again, I've never gone to the park before 11:00. Hopefully that will change in the upcoming season!

• 10 months later...

When I rode Nitro, I didn't see the truck, but I did see these mysterious looking tire things and probably some old ride parts if I remember correctly. I would like to know where the truck is and I'd like to know what the tire things were and what purpose they served. Thanx

I'm not sure if I can post POVs on here so I will just put the link to the video. But pause at 1:33, and you can clearly see it.

Someone I know, who is banned from this site, tells me that he saw it up close in person on a behind the scenes tour.

What they should do with it is put it in the helix of Bizarro on it's side, or just somewhere in Bizarro's layout.

Edited by acq10uaz

I don't think they forgot about it, its just it would cost money to tow it way out of there. Plus it doesn't look like it has wheels. Its been there for a while because the person I know went on the tour in 2001. So it has been there for a long time. If they wanted to do something with it, they would've when Nitro was being built.

However if they really wanted to spend the money they could put it in Movietown, it would fit perfectly there.

Edited by acq10uaz

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...