VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2009 Park Map

Josh Davidson

Nice! Thanks for sharing! The pictures look different than last year. I also see Fantasy Fling on the map unlike last year. Also the bridge is on the map by Medusa which is a good sign.

Edited by rcji

The new map is the same style as Hershey Park's maps. B)

And that's not a bad thing! :)

As much as I loved the idea of the most recent round of poster size maps in 2006 and 2007, I did not care for the style of artwork . Those were also very inaccurate as far as scale and the relative location of attractions, so they were almost useless in helping a guest find their way around the park.

I think the park should consider doing poster size maps again and they can even sell the backside of them to sponsors giving them thousands of poster size advertisements walking around the park!

I liked the old park map, but I think this is 100% better. The rides for the most part actually look like what they are supposed to, Superman for example. At least Skull Mountain has its waterfall. Maybe they plan on working on it. There are no names or labels on it, before they at least had sections and show venues labeled. Is Tango on the map? What is the building near Carousel, is it Houdini?

Edited by Chiller

I remember this last year at this time. Houdini was a hot topic then because it was still on the map, and then never opened up. Just an interesting little reminder of this time last year. I think the new artwork looks really good, and it's nice to see a somehwat more realistic scale to the park than we have had before. I have actually in the past walked around following the way the map shows you going and saying hey this isn't here just to be a jerk about it.

I hope this is an "early" or "unfinished" version of the Map. The artwork is really good and it looks great, but it needs to give the Restroom locations for quests unfamiliar with the Park. I was just thinking of the fuctionality of it, and for those of us with Kids, you need to know where a Restroom is quick sometimes :puke:

• 1 month later...

I really like this map! It's much more accurate. As a first-timer to the park the 2008 map was 100% confusing! I almost never found my way out of The Golden Kingdom because I kept looking at the map, then looking up at structures around me that weren't on the map at all, and wondering where I was supposed to go. The area around Wiggles World is better represented, too. I remember trying to go from Skull Mountain to Nitro. The map showed a clear path from one to the other, but in practice I kept running into dead ends and kiddie rides. I think there was a bridge in there at some point, too. None of this was shown on the map! It didn't help that Skull Mountain exits right in the middle of Wiggles World.

Nothing is labeled on the Map. For a "newbie" to the Park finding a Restroom, or Security will be a task. Finding a Ride will be easy, but try to find First Aid or Lost Parent's good luck. How about a Mac Machine? You would think they would want it to be easy to get more $$.