VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Great Adventure Employee Reunion Plans

GAcoaster

For anyone who isn't aware, there is a group on Facebook called I worked at GA in the 80's, and they are in the planning stages of a reunion this summer.

Right now they are running a poll about the reunion and what people would be interested in. If you are an 80's employee, Click Here to take the survey.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

There does not seem to be any activity about this reunion? If there is any more info, such as people coming , is the present Management onboard with it? Special deals or events for the old employees? Sure would like to come but if I don't have any more info , I am not sure I want to make the trip and be disappointed?

Management is on board...I'm not sure how many people are coming, but it seems like quite a few.

Here's the latest update I received:

Hello!!

We are moving forward with the SFGA reunion August 22nd. We have discount tickets to the park ($22.50) and a big picnic/party planned at Indian Rock to allow us a place to relax and catch up with everyone. You can even rent a camp site if you are feeling adventurous.

The picnic includes lots of food, beverages as well as a covered pavilion, volleyball, swimming and a lot more.

You can check out all the details at:

www.wecaredaboutyou.com

Or send me a note and I can give you more info. We really hope to get a good group together and have some fun.

Please pass on the word and have anyone you know who is interested contact me.

Thanks - Sabrina

www.wecaredaboutyou.com

Source: www.wecaredaboutyou.com

Subject: Fianalized!!! Plans and Pricing!!!

Thank you everyone for your patience as we try to iron out all the details on the reunion. Here is the finalized information:

DATES:

August 21, 2009 - Day at the Park

Discount tickets can be purchased for $22.50

August 22, 2009 - BBQ at Indian Rock Campground

Cost: $38.00 Per Person

Ages 5-10: $19.00

ALSO AVAILABLE:

We Cared About You reunion T-Shirts

Red shirt with White lettering.

Price: $6.00 for Alumni $10.00 for each additional shirt.

Shirts will be mailed out prior to the reunion.

A block of Campsites have been reserved. Most people seem to be interested in camping both nights. Camp sites start at $38. Please contact Indian Rock to reserve your site: 732-928-0034

There are several hotels in the area. Message me for recommendations.

HOW TO PAY:

Make Checks payable to:

Sabrina Benton

And mail the check to:

Sabrina Benton - SFGA Reunion

3 Northgate Drive

Howell, NJ 07731

Or send a PayPal payment to:

info@wecaredaboutyou.com

Please include with your check the following information:

Alumni Info:

Name:________________________

Address: ______________________

Telephone: ____________________

Email: _________________________

# of SFGA Tix Requested ______ @ $22.50ea

# Indian Rock Reunion Party ______ @ $38.00

# Children Ages 5-10 _______ @ $19.00

# Alumni Shirts ____ @ $6.00

# Additional Shirts ______ @ $10.00

Shirt Sizes: ____ S ____ M ____ L _____ XL ADULT SIZES

Shirt Sizes: ____ S ____ M ____ L _____ XL CHILD SIZES

If you need any further information, please send a Facebook message to either myself or Dena D'Zio. Or send an email to info@wecaredaboutyou.com

I sure hope everyone can make it out for a great weekend!!

• 4 weeks later...

Well we are now at two weeks away and there isn't much activity on this subject? My wife and I plan on visiting and most of my time will be spent at the Safari I hope. We will visit the theme park arena to see the changes and such, I am not a big rider nowdays. I had hoped to see other old employees getting on board but it hasn't happened yet? I really am only makeing the trip to see my old animals and hope there is an old friend or two there too? I do want to meet y'all also, but don't know how or where that will take place? If there was a special place in the park to meet and a certain time, that would help?

OK, I fly up a week from today. Haven't heard from anyone going. The event off site at the campgrounds looks like only the employees from the themepark area are going to be there, so I will most likely past on that. Tom and Harry I really would like to meet y"all at the park that day or on Sat? I am going to be with the Director of the Safari for a tour with him, I hope it lasts most of the day? We will do a walk through of the rest of the park to see the changes, I am not much of a rider anymore but if it is hot will take a dip at HH? Anyway thats about what I have planned, I do intent to go to Seaside Heights to see how much that place has changed too?

Edited by Gary Hill

Well talk about no activity? It is Monday and I fly up Thurs night. Will be met Fri morning by the Director of the Safari so I suppose running into any of you guys ain't gonna happen? My cell is 903 880 3230 just in case ya want to meet in the park later in the day?

Well talk about no activity? It is Monday and I fly up Thurs night. Will be met Fri morning by the Director of the Safari so I suppose running into any of you guys ain't gonna happen? My cell is 903 880 3230 just in case ya want to meet in the park later in the day?

Sorry for the delay Gary, I was just trying to figure some things out timing wise. As for me, I have to work during the day on Friday but I can meet up with you at the park Friday evening. Hopefully if your Safari tour is earlier in the day, that would work for you. It would be interesting to do an historic park walk through and hear your recollection of the park's early days and stories about the Safari!

The pleasure was mine Harry. Like I told you, I am proud of what all of you are doing to promote Great Adventure. I spoke to Dr Rives the next day and told him about what you are doing, and him and alot of the Wardens are interested in seeing more History of the park. Quite a few questions were answered that I wanted to know and I was asked tons of questions by both sides, Safari and theme park. I would hope that Management would look harder at what has worked in the past, and as they add to the future things would impact both sides of the park. It is an extremely unusual type amusement park and I hope it stays open forever. I have worked at four such parks and GA is the only survivor. Best to all!

Edited by Gary Hill