VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New ride ideas for Movietown

Here are not one, but two ideas for new rides in Movietown.

Idea 1

Demolish Chiller's queue, station, and Observatory and build a new roller coaster.

Ride name: Hollywood Car Chase: the Ride

Type of ride: Intamin Custon Looping Coaster (i.e. Lethal Weapon Pursuit)

The plot of the ride is that a hollywood director is enlisting us to take part in the filming of a movie's climatic car chase sequence. One side of the ride would be the criminal's car and another would be the police car. When the ride is dispatched, we hear the director saying "Lights, Camera, Action!" During the "filming", each of the cars are passing rapidly by each other as well as passing in and out of a few buildings. There are even a few near misses. When both cars reach the brake run, we hear the director saying"Cut! That's a wrap. Great job folks"

Idea 2

Name: Batman Adventure:the Ride

Relocate the sim theater to Movietown, remove the Air Force Hanger theming, put Wayne Manor and Batcave theming.

(This idea will probably make RobertDavid smile)

Hearing about the old ride, James Bond: License to Thrill, I thought that why doesn't Six Flags do something like that, only with Batman instead of James Bond. They could move the motion seats to Movietown and build an entirely new theater with a longer queue that have Wayne Manor and Batcave queue portions.

Plot: Lucius Fox has made an improvement to Batman's cosutme, he added a camera to Batman's mask that would show Alfred and Lucius what Batman was seeing and feeling. Riders are told by Alfred to aid Batman in stopping Joker, Penguin, and Mr. Freeze from destroying Gotham City. For this ride, the motion seats would be painted from grey to black. The whole ride is pretty much the adventure through Batman's point of view, like the Bond ride.

What do you think of my ideas?

Great ideas! But I'm still all for turning Chiller's old quenue(the freeze generator) into a Warner Brother Museum and place your coaster idea behind the dark knight, there's plenty of space there. Also, don't relocate the simulator theater, build a curse of Darkastle style ride themed to Harry Potter. Then, add a new drop tower, maybe a record breaker, called Stuntman's Freefall 2. But I think your idea for the coaster is perfect. It's just what that section of the part needs. It wouldn't be too too much expensive either if you use a cheaper model, like a Zamperla.

Relocate the sim theater to Movietown, remove the Air Force Hanger theming, put Wayne Manor and Batcave theming.

I'll help them move it myself. Just to make sure they don't cut down any more trees to do it. :P

As of now GAdv has plenty of roller coasters and little kids rides but is lacking both family flat rides and water rides. I think they should build a modern splashdown type ride and theme it to Gotham water works or something. Or they could build a drop tower ride or a Claw ride.

I am hoping that the work Gary Goddard is doing for Six Flags Over Georgia on the Monster Plantation to Monster Mansion transformation spills over to additional dark rides in the coming years. I still think the old Chiller station/building could easily be converted into a dark ride facility.

I think a interactive shooter kind of ride like Men In Black at Universal would be a HUGE success at our park,don't know if the Chiller station could fit that unless it is a REALLY short shooter ride.If they did build the ride they could theme it towards Batman and shooting his villains like The Joker,Scarecrow,Two-Face and so on and it would be really popular for awhile,not just a year or two like The Dark Knight Coaster.Only problem is a Sally ride like that is gonna cost ALOT of money,that Six Flags doesn't have that type of money.

yeah i agree with you Mike13! That would be great! And just think about that big space being TDK! They could have chiller queue/load as stations (which could be like MIB and be duel-loading) and dispatch through the old exit and into a building that could be built in the infield behind TDK about where chiller's spike used to lie. The station of chiller could fit the theme perfectly and they probably wouldn't have to move much since they could use the tower that was used for chiller as the tower for the new attraction! that would be the best! biggrin.gif

I would put a Custom Euro-Fighter and use Chiller's Station and the Area behind it for the Ride. A Vertical Lift saves alot of space, and as long as they made it with a compact design it would fit great. As far as cutting-edge rides, and "new" factor, a Euro-Fighter with a 120 degree first drop would be great. And they aren't to bad in the cost area compared to a big B&M, and it would be considerd a "major" Attraction. I think Thorpe's Saw:The Ride was about 13mil. and is heavily Themed as well. Just a thought...

^Yeah I agree,we don't need a big Dive Machine,financially it doesn't make sense to add one right now and it makes no sense to add one when they could get a Euro-Fighter that can be just as fun and intense as a B&M and a Euro-Fighter could fit easier into places than a big B&M that needs alot of room,plus they would save atleast 7 or 8 million by choosing a Euro-Fighter over a Dive Machine.But there is alot they could do with Movie Town and the Old Country area,retheme it and re-open it in 2011 with some flats or a new coaster in there and bring life back over there.Oh and did you guys ask if they are going to add/look into adding some flats to the park in the future,or you didn't ask about future projects?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 555clawsrocks09
Here are not one, but two ideas for new rides in Movietown.

Idea 1

Demolish Chiller's queue, station, and Observatory and build a new roller coaster.

Ride name: Hollywood Car Chase: the Ride

Type of ride: Intamin Custon Looping Coaster (i.e. Lethal Weapon Pursuit)

The plot of the ride is that a hollywood director is enlisting us to take part in the filming of a movie's climatic car chase sequence. One side of the ride would be the criminal's car and another would be the police car. When the ride is dispatched, we hear the director saying "Lights, Camera, Action!" During the "filming", each of the cars are passing rapidly by each other as well as passing in and out of a few buildings. There are even a few near misses. When both cars reach the brake run, we hear the director saying"Cut! That's a wrap. Great job folks"

Idea 2

Name: Batman Adventure:the Ride

Hearing about the old ride, James Bond: License to Thrill, I thought that why doesn't Six Flags do something like that, only with Batman instead of James Bond. They could move the motion seats to Movietown and build an entirely new theater with a longer queue that have Wayne Manor and Batcave queue portions.

Plot: Lucius Fox has made an improvement to Batman's cosutme, he added a camera to Batman's mask that would show Alfred and Lucius what Batman was seeing and feeling. Riders are told by Alfred to aid Batman in stopping Joker, Penguin, and Mr. Freeze from destroying Gotham City. For this ride, the motion seats would be painted from grey to black. The whole ride is pretty much the adventure through Batman's point of view, like the Bond ride.

What do you think of my ideas?

i think your idea is cool but i would love to see a nightmare on elm street roller coaster in movietown. freddy kruger rocks!

i think A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET RIDE would be cool. FREDDY KRUGER ROCKS!!!! :D

what do you think of my idea?

• 1 month later...

What would I do if I ran the park?

Well, the first thing is probably add special effects to Nitro. I mean like fire, steam, and factory sound effects. That would make the ride perfect. Also, I would agree with some of your ideas, which was to get rid of the que area for The Chiller and put another attraction there. I'm thinking a Haunted Castle walkthrough attraction, with no relation to the original. This attraction would be safer, easier to get through, and less creepy then the original. Although, I would hold off on any construction if I were going bankrupt. <_<