VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

The Great Escape, Friday 7/3/09

Up_Up_and_Away

Looks like an amazing park, we drove by it on the way to Montreal 3 years ago and seeing these pictures it makes me wish we had stopped to visit the park (we didn't go to La Ronde either which I don't really regret).

It reminds me a lot of Storybook Land but with a lot better selection of rides judging from the pictures. Plus I see a lot of rides that we could use at Great Adventure (the cars and train for example).

Edited by Yoshi

The problem with their cars and train and just about every ride there is lack of capacity, but that park doesn't get nearly as many guests as GA does.

I found it very interesting that the Sasquatch ride and brand was kept very generic so it could be added to almost any park or ride, and that it included a walk around character and specific Sasquatch merchandise. This could be Six Flags most successful in-house created character since Mr. Six, and I wouldn't be surprised to see other parks get Sasquatch drop towers or other rides. One would actually fit pretty well in the western section where Super Teepee stood.

I've been visiting the park every year since I was a little kid. I'm going at the end of the month, and I can't wait to check out Sasquatch. Though the park has lost alot of it's charm from my childhood, it does feel good knowning that some of them are still there.

P1350334.jpg

iE035396A-9BF1-46B6-A5A0-9441372E2C0D.jpg

My brother and I in 2003