VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

The Great Adventure Time Capsule

If Great Adventure were to bury a time capsule that would be opened decades from now, what items would place in it to remind people of Great Adventure's first 35 years? Keep in mind that space in the time capsule would be limited so don't suggest items like "the blue train from Rolling Thunder" or "the lead float from the Glow in the Park Parade"!

A new time capsule area has been added to our galleries and any member can place a photo of their item in it even if you don't have an album set up with us. Visit The Great Adventure Time Capsule and add your item today!

I started us off by adding one the park's classic orange drink sippers that were sold throughout the park.

gallery_2_235_107885.jpg

The Great Adventure Bulletin, would have to be in it! It had a story about me and my elephants in it! :D Also had the events at the Great Arena, chariot races and such, see it in my video when it gets put on the site, Hell that video should go in it also!

Edited by Gary Hill

So we are off to a good start with our Time Capsule! Click HERE to see what we have accumulated so far. The Twicket needs to be added yet.

Donald or Gary, were there Safari specific patches on your uniform?

the patch i have looks just like the one you have, i think they were all the same- donald

gallery_2_43_161173.jpg

Donald, where you been hiding? Are you going to make the trip in Aug? Did ya see yourself in the video yet?

gary, as much as i would like to go i'm not able to go this year, maybe if they have a 40th. i can go. i didn't know the video was up and running yet, i will have to check it out, the little clip that was posted earlier really brought back memmories.

i didn't know the video was up and running yet, i will have to check it out, the little clip that was posted earlier really brought back memmories.

It's not up yet, but soon! We are working on some configuration issues to accomodate the large file size. I'll try to get another short preview clip of you (at least I think it is you!) up tonight.

It's not up yet, but soon! We are working on some configuration issues to accomodate the large file size. I'll try to get another short preview clip of you (at least I think it is you!) up tonight.

thanks, i've been looking for the picture or video that gary was talking about but haven't found it yet.icon1.gif

The Skyride Counterweights! :D

Seriously, how about a cable car key or the wooden railing tops (Near the Catcher/Unloader) at Western Cables, there is a lot of history carved into those railings. If anyone has some close up pictures of those I'd like to see them!