VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

McDonalds at GAdv

Many years before Johnny Rockets came to the park there used to be a McDonalds near the lakefront. I remember it was hardly ever open and it still had ads for the Arch Deluxe burger for years after they were discontinued.

The prices were higher than normal McDonalds, probably to keep things in line with the park's other offerings. Otherwise EVERYONE would be eating at just McDonalds!

The cost of a small fry was like the price of a large fry outside of the park, and a regular hamburer was similar in price to a Quarter Pounder or Big Mac. There definitetly wasn't a $1 menu!

I remember the McDonald's being there and it always being closed. And when it was opened...we never ate there. It was way too expensive...and just not worth it....expecially with Best Of The West so close by

I remember seeing it in the park but also never ate there due to the prices. I think a value meal was around $7 which was a lot at the time.

The McDonald's outside the park isn't so cheap either. I haven't been there in a few years but I remember everything a lot more than a regular McDonald's which is why I usually go to WaWa instead.

I never ate at the McDonalds either, mainly because it was never open. Funny thing is about the time (mid 90s to early 2000s) Best of the West was also almost never open but at least it's open most of the time again now.

• 8 months later...

I never ate at the McDonald's because of the prices but also the fact that McDonald's has restaurants everywhere. When I go to a park I want something I can't get anywhere but at a park.

Johnny Rockets is a different case for me, since the only one I know of in GAdv.

Edited by PaulieGBones

I would be open to a McDonalds return to the park, but if it did I think they would have to keep the prices reasonable, maybe not the dollar menu, but I would agree with a 2 dollar menu, and an express style menu, with value meals only, and nothing over 7 dollars.

^ There's one in Freehold Mall, if you ever go there. ;) No offence but I really can't eat McDonald's, fast food isn't my thing. Usually I stick with eating before I get to the park with an occasional snack or soda...

Never heard of this Freehold mall, I am guessing it is north of GAdv?

Anyway I always thought chains insides of parks was kinda stupid since you can eat at ones outside the park any time.

Edited by The Master

I'm not sure, but I think its north. Yes, there was a McDonald's at Freehold, but I ment Johny Rockets. Try looking it up. End of that.

The Master, I agree with you 100%! Why is there a need to eat fast food from chains in the park if they are spread out across the highway right in front of it? The park needs more original stands, like Disney, for instance. There are rarely any chain restaraunts in Disney parks. But, it does give both the parks and the resataunts money.... and that's whay everything is about now-a-days.

Are they really more apt to eat those things, or are there just more of them to choose from? Everyone says Best of the West is the most popular restaurant in the park. It's not a chain people are familiar with, it's a good restaurant that enhances the theme and experience of the park.

I think putting all those chain restaurants in the park is a really bad idea, telling people there is nothing special there that they can't get around the corner at the local shopping center.

The food at a theme park should be part of the whole experience. That's what makes Best of the West so good, even the building itself enhances the experience.

I kind like having familar places to eat at in the park. That way you know what you are getting, I have eaten at the Carnegie Deli a few times which has been ok but some other places in the park like the Character Cafe was horrible last time I was there. Dirty tables and floors, and the food wasn't very good.

I would be open to a McDonalds return to the park, but if it did I think they would have to keep the prices reasonable, maybe not the dollar menu, but I would agree with a 2 dollar menu, and an express style menu, with value meals only, and nothing over 7 dollars.

I'd be more willing to eat in the park if I could get a McChicken sandwich and a small fries for under $4.

Since most of the time right I just go to WaWa and either get something to leave in the car if I get there at opening or eat lunch right before going into the park if I get there in the late morning or early afternoon.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...