VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Your ideas for new Disney rides

MarioSonic94

This topic will be about sharing the ideas for rides that could be built at Disney Parks.

Here's a couple of ideas for coasters that they should build in the Magic Kingdom.

(NOTE: Both of these ideas are original ideas, something Disney Parks are severely lacking)

1. Gold Rusher- Frontierland

What is it?: A B&M Floorless Coaster (Medusa/Bizarro layout)

The ride will be a hidden away as possible in order not to break the "magic". To get to the coaster, guests have to walk through a long and very elaborately themed queue.

2. Alien Escape (Can you help me come up with a better name?)- Tomorrowland

What is it?: A enclosed LIM launching coaster (Joker's Jinx/Flight of Fear layout)

The plotline of the ride is that guests take part of the tour of an orginazation that captures and destroys rogue aliens. Suddenly, one of the aliens they recently captured (this alien will look like the one from Alien Encounter) escapes and goes on a rampage in the building. The hosts decide to send trains to help people evacuate the building. During the procedure, something goes horribly wrong (duh), and the train is launched into total darkness, not knowing when the alien will strike at them.

Hope you enjoy the ideas

What are yours?

^Good ideas but Disney is more family freindly rides and are not in the business of rides only the older portion of the family can ride. The second one is personally a great idea, but with Space Mountain RIGHt near by-

For Disney's Hollywood studios, i would like to see a Everest type ride based on National Treasure! Nothing big like Everest, small enough to fit in Skull Mountain, but same type theme elements non the less

For Epcot-RAGING SPIRITS!!!! and a Mario Andreti MotoCoaster!

^Good ideas but Disney is more family freindly rides and are not in the business of rides only the older portion of the family can ride.

Good point, but in a way, it would be needed in order to bring in the teenage guests that sterotype the Disney Parks (particualary the Magic Kingdom).

I definetely get what you mean, and Disney tries, but they also meet their guests half way. Look at Rock'n'Roller Coaster-it's a Six Flags type ride but a 48" height restriction is much more friendly than 54" and the the coasters who proposed are required by law to have 54" restrictions. Like Alien Escape-Great Idea- but I think it would work better with a pony express type layout, and put the Marion Andreti coaster in Epcot! ITALY NEEDS SOMETHING!

I almost feel like they can't win with Disney fanatics. California Adventure is very much "Six Flags Over California" with real thrill rides, but with a Disney budget and theme, and all the enthusiasts bitch about it. And the thrill rides they have added in places like EPCOT and Disney Studios they end up having to tone down because stupid tourists just figure "it's a Disney ride, how intense can it be" and ride with heart conditions or other problems and end up injured or dead.

I think what Disney needs to do is really create their version of a thrill park. The thrill park could then have the real coaster rides and things as well as host the more "adult" events like their version of HHN. I know that's something they really want to exploit after seeing how successful Universal has been with it, but the problem is they can't since once again everyone assumes "it's Disney, so it's family friendly". Maybe they should create another "Boardwalk" area and call it somethign like Coney Island, so theme elements could be minimal but effective with thrill rides as the theme. For Halloween they could have haunt attractions themed as the freak shows. They could really emphasize that the park is teen/adult oriented with NO kiddie attractions at all.

Good point, but in a way, it would be needed in order to bring in the teenage guests that sterotype the Disney Parks (particualary the Magic Kingdom).

Out in Disneyland this is not the case, but I guess a greater number of people visiting Disneyland are locals compared to WDW.

As far as rides go I would really like to see a LOST themed ride, the plot is you are new DHARMA recruits in the 70s and are riding in a DHARMA van though the jungle at night to the barricks. But then the Others attacks the van along the way but the van gets away from them, then the smoke monster chases the van. You reach the ultrasonic fence just in time time before the smoke monster gets you. It would probably work the best in Disney Studios

Edited by The Master

I almost feel like they can't win with Disney fanatics. California Adventure is very much "Six Flags Over California" with real thrill rides, but with a Disney budget and theme, and all the enthusiasts bitch about it. And the thrill rides they have added in places like EPCOT and Disney Studios they end up having to tone down because stupid tourists just figure "it's a Disney ride, how intense can it be" and ride with heart conditions or other problems and end up injured or dead.

I think what Disney needs to do is really create their version of a thrill park. The thrill park could then have the real coaster rides and things as well as host the more "adult" events like their version of HHN. I know that's something they really want to exploit after seeing how successful Universal has been with it, but the problem is they can't since once again everyone assumes "it's Disney, so it's family friendly". Maybe they should create another "Boardwalk" area and call it somethign like Coney Island, so theme elements could be minimal but effective with thrill rides as the theme. For Halloween they could have haunt attractions themed as the freak shows. They could really emphasize that the park is teen/adult oriented with NO kiddie attractions at all.

:wub:

One of the best ideas I've heard. :hotdog:

• 7 months later...

Some people here are familar with the cancelled Roger Rabbit rides that were planned for DHS. Well, now I think that now is the time for the Maroon Studios section of the park to finally be constructed. It shouldn't be in Sunset Blvd, but rather, behind Star Tours. Here are the rides that should be included in the area.

Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin: An exact clone of the Disneyland/Tokyo Disneyland ride

RogerRabbitFacade.jpg

Baby Herman's Runaway Baby Buggy- A madcapped dark ride through Toontown Hospital, while riding in an oversized baby carriage.

Slide0115.jpg

Toontown Trolley- A simulator that takes guests on a wild ride through Toontown, with Roger Rabbit at the helm.

Slide0116.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Some of you are probably familiar with Hayao Miyazaki. Being that his films are ditributed by Disney, it's logical to have an entire Studio Ghibli (Miyazaki's studio) section in Disney's Hollywood Studios. Here are some proposals for rides

Ponyo ride

A ride similar to the new Little Mermaid ride at the Magic Kingdom, an omnimover ride through certain scenes of the movie

Catbus Tours

A simulator ride themed to My Neighbor Totoro. Basically a redressed Toontown Trolley, only themed to Totoro instead of Roger Rabbit. The ride would be a wild ride on the catbus from the movie, with Mei as the ride's host.

Spirited Away ride

A dark ride themed to the Oscar winning Spirited Away. Possible a Spider Man/DarKastle type dark ride.

What do you think? If you have anything to add to it, please do!!

^ It's Disney's own fault that they don't promote the movies as much as either their regular line up or Pixar's lineup.

As for the characters I mentioned, here's what they look like for those not familar with Miyazaki

From My Neighbor Totoro

Here's Mei...

Mei.jpg

...and this is the catbus

cat_bus.jpg

From Ponyo

The two main protagonists: Souske & Ponyo

ponyo003.jpg

From Spirited Away

spirited-away.jpg

Just so you get who the characters are.

Edited by MarioSonic94

Why not just re-theme the entire park to PIXAR and call it "PIXAR Studios."

- Tower of Terror could be Themed to Monsters Inc.

- Star Tours could get an Incredibles Film

- Lights, Motor, Action could get a Cars Theme

- Toy Story and Wall-E could have Shows at the Park

- Can you imagine "Phantastic Pixar Parade"?

- Replace "Sounds Dangerous" with an Up Themed Film

- Rock N Roller Coaster could have a Wall-E Theme Easily

• 4 weeks later...

I have a new idea for a Disney-MGM ride

Crimestoppers (Sound kind of familiar)

What is it: An Enhanced Motion Vehicle ride with light guns & speed portions

Queue: Before entering the ride building, guests go through an brief outdoor queue where they past through props of gangster movies (i.e. Dick Tracy, The Public Enemy, The Untouchables) The entrance of the building would resemble the entrance of a police precinct. After passing a "Hot Set" sign (similar to the one in Star Tours), we pass through the offices of the police precinct. Being that the ride takes place in Prohibition era Chicago (I picked Chicago since during Prohibition, it was a capital of organized crime), references to people and news of the time is mentioned throughout (i.e. Eliot Ness' office door and an Al Capone wanted poster).

Pre Show: Riders (who play the role of police cadets) are ushered into the police chief's office. The chief (whose voice should sound like Sean Connery with an Irish accent added in) briefs us of that there some bootlegging (smuggling of alcohol) going on somewhere in Chicago's waterfront. He tells us that we need to drive there and investigate the scene. The chief tells us that we will be sneaking in using a modified gangster car and that tommy guns were placed in the car for the cadets to use in case things get ugly. After the briefing, the cadets are ushering down a corrider. At the end is a back alley where the cadets board the cars.

Looking at some '30s cars, I think this would be an awesome design for the ride vehicle

Al_Capone_1930_Cadillac.jpg

In case you don't know, this is a tommy gun

milchicag21.jpg

Ride: As the ride starts, the car passes by some city streets. At one point, some smugglers notice us and soon start chasing us. As we flee, we narrowly avoid approching cars, lamp posts and building facades. As the car approaches the waterfront, it crashes through the doors of a warehouse. It turns out that this is where the smuggling the chief mentioned was occuring. The car soon accidently causes a bunch of barrels of alchol to fall over, which causes a nearby cat to screech in terror. The gangsters hear this and soon see us. They open fire on us and the pursuit starts again. This time, the cadets pull out the tommy guns and starts firing back at the gangsters. After busting out of the warehouse, it has become apparent that all the gangsters on the entire waterfront are aware of our precence. After speeding through the waterfront, shooting at gangsters and avoiding the ones shooting at us, we speed into another warehouse to hide from the gangsters. Unbeknownst to us, it is really a fireworks and explosives warehouse. The gangsters soon lock the exit doors and a couple gangsters open fire on the stalled car. Though they miss us, they cause explosions around us. Our car soon speeds up to in a last ditch effort to escape the exploding warehouse. After we crash through the exit doors, we see that backup was sent to the waterfront to apprehend the smugglers. We soon see the chief one last time as he thanks us for helping the police arrest the smugglers and that they're a few steps from putting Al Capone in jail for good. The car pulls up into another back alley, where guests leave the car and walk down a corrider into the exit gift shop.

Edited by MarioSonic94

A Montster's Inc Coaster.

What is it?

Two tracks, a scare floor and a laugh floor. The idea is you're suspended on the door, like the scene at the end, and you face a few challenges, pass themeing, etc. (You'd have to see the movie to understand) The scare floor is more for adults, where you are really high and face steep drops. The laugh floor is more of a dark ride that is not scary, but still fun. You would choose your path, and each track would include dialoge, effects, and fun. There is more, but that's a general summary. What do you think?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1. Pirates of the Carribean-Journey to World's End, location-Hong Kong Disneyland

This ride is a cross between post refurbishment Pirated of the Carribean(WDW's version) and Splash Mountain. The quenue begins much like WDW's pirates, through Castillo Del Morro. The ride begins with the a lift, which will feature a MUCH abbreviated themed version of the grotto sequence, with the "skeleton pirate" at the top. The next scene will be the famous boat scene with the cannon balls, black pearl, and Barbossa, after wich the riders are brough through an "abbreviated town sequence" featuring the pirates raiding and the auction scene. Thw "town on fire" scene will be cut. Throughout the town, jack randomly "pops up" like he now normally ddoes through the ride. After this, things take a turn for the worst, with the small roller coaster like drop featured on Splash Mountain. Instead of going to the laughing place, we wil now be in Tia Dalmon's Bayou where she tells us to rescue Ajck we must travel to "the World's end, this is followed by another Pirate Ship scene, this time with Sao Fang, Barbossa, Will and Elizabeth. After a short drop, we are know int he scene from World's End where the souls from the dead are in boats with small laterns heading toward worlds' End. We then go up the final, biggest lift, like on all splash Mountains. We then pass through the fog with Davy Jones projected on it like in other pirates in the palce of the vultures. We then take that final plunge back into reality where we encounter Barbossa sailing off with the Black Pearl, Gibbs at the Docks with two of JAck's girlfriends(one of wich is "the redhead") and then JAck, as in WDW, in the Treasure room. The ride is now over, but, before returning to the station, we pass the famous jail scene where, after 45 years, the dog STILL wont give the keys!

2.Alice's Wonderland, location-WDW's AMgic Kingdom.

We all have heard of the Fantasyland plans under revision to appeal to "older boys" and this is my idea. this may shock you, but it is to add a looping rolelr coaster to Fantasyland. it will be themed to the new Tim Burton Alice in Wonderland movie. the qunue will run through the estate in wich Alice is attending the party and the ride will boeard in the gardens. The lift will be indoors themed to Alice chasing the rabbit and the first dropp is, as you guessed it, themed to her descent into the rabbit whole. While this ride does feature Audio-Animatronic, some normal Fantasyland Dark ride theming, it also features movie screens(non 3d) ala Spiderman or three Calboerros. On your trip you will pass normal fantasyland style-theming depicting the rEd Quuen's Wonderland, The catapillar, Tweedle dEe and Tweedle Dum. Then, there is a midcourse breakrun where you will encounter the Madd HAtter and March HAre(in a digital Screen) where the MArch Ahre will remind you that your "LATE FOR TEA" you will then resume your ride in the battle between aLice and an Audio Animatronic jabberwocky featuring a double corkscrew ala Bizzaro style. As Alice wins, and we enter the breakrun, we are flashed by strobes as we leave Wonderland and return to reality. The ride system would be somethings such as a Vekoma custom coaster with an 80ft lift and 60-70ft drop, after a double figure eight will be the midcourse breakrun and double corkscrew.

3.Pirates Lair, Location-WDW's Adventureland. This ride will be a EXACT copy or either Tokyo DisneySEa or Disneyland Paris' Indiana Jones Temple of Peril. instead of Indiana Jones or an Aztec Temple, will be personally be joining Jack Sparrow on a trip through an unamed Pirates' Lair on a deserted island. The ride wont be elabortely themed other tha a Pirate fort and ship, but mostly just traverse through a jungle liek setting. Before the end of the ride we learn this unamed pirate is Blackbeard and that we are banished from his island, but not befor Jack once again, leads himself to treasure

Edited by Up_Up_and_Away
Merged into existing thread.